ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Me new motor - 106 GTI

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Donnie Darko on 15 July 2005

My old 106gti didnt have gas struts for the bonnet just the old prop!

mine was a treg one same colour as that china blue also half leather...nice cars but it didnt seem to handle as well as my old xsi did???
Should have had the gas struts as all of the GTis had them from ther factory, even the P-Reg pre leather ones!

Its not China Blue either, its Mauritius Blue from 99 onwards, very similar but China is a little lighter and was only a 98 colour. My old one was China, my Mrs current one is Mauritius.

[God I know too much about them]

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 14 July 2005

But I notice it only comes with Clarion radio/cassette. I thought they were cds like in my VTS.

I see it has (non standard?) struts fitted to the bonnet and has had the bonnet sound deadening removed?

[Edited by Chris1.4RT on 14 July 2005 at 8:30pm]
My 99 306 has gas struts as standard and no sound deadening, as did my m8s 98.

Looks like a gr8 motor btw :D

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 15 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Donnie Darko on 15 July 2005

My old 106gti didnt have gas struts for the bonnet just the old prop!

mine was a treg one same colour as that china blue also half leather...nice cars but it didnt seem to handle as well as my old xsi did???
Should have had the gas struts as all of the GTis had them from ther factory, even the P-Reg pre leather ones!

Its not China Blue either, its Mauritius Blue from 99 onwards, very similar but China is a little lighter and was only a 98 colour. My old one was China, my Mrs current one is Mauritius.

[God I know too much about them]
Uh... my 306 is China blue on a 99 plate. Did that only count for the 106s?

xr4x4

It was china blue...not maritius (i know this as i worked in a bodyshop and checked the paint code) and it did have a bonnet prop !

[Edited by Donnie Darko on 16 July 2005 at 9:04am]

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by papa? on 16 July 2005

Uh... my 306 is China blue on a 99 plate. Did that only count for the 106s?
Yeah, my mate has a 99 V-Reg GTi-6 and thats China, for some reason Pug changed it only on the 106?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Donnie Darko on 16 July 2005

It was china blue...not maritius (i know this as i worked in a bodyshop and checked the paint code) and it did have a bonnet prop !
That was around the changeover point though, T-Reg some where still China others Mauritius

As for the bonnet prop and not gas struts, it had been altered from the factory, theres not even an attachment on a phase 2 to fit one, they all have gas struts

clio williams, Ph1 172

Looks mint mate. Take me out for a spin when ya get back.

Youve defo lost some Man Points thought ;) hehe.

Especially buying it without my input lol.