ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meekings Boosted Bean :D

Soo another update! Treated the car to a new year present and got it some new shoes!

Marmite I know, but I love them!
11a6e2f956739e478b6976b891e23c71.jpg

46327a92d4f471c1e61160fe11aaae11.jpg

So another mini update!
Got my self a new scorpion resonated catback zorst with the Daytona slash cut tips. Looks and sounds fantastic. Well chuffed!
Just need to get new hangers as it sits on the piss a tad!

Also got fed up of the spoiler being black so I colour coded it. Looks much much better! Had a paint reaction on top so will need to sort that out and re polish it!

Also gave the old girl a full DA compounding as it was looking a little sorry for itself after weeks of neglect over winter.

560887ee1d28f7d5b154064116cf3d44.jpg

84f3de06ff39dd6f4716ce61cda252de.jpg

937d4cae851ffefea1e6808c1d1b3f84.jpg

a19bea7ae44e73c2e91d320994972738.jpg

c956c4939d40bc66ef8195b3cb0a747c.jpg

Moaaar soon :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Did you cut the edges off the Laguna splitter or was it the right length?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I'm not sure how I've not seen this thread before.

I absolutely love this car. I think every modification is spot on tbh. The wrap on the rear bumper isn't really my cup of tea but I can genuinely see why it's been done and it certainly doesn't look wrong.

Top effort mate. And your previous car was just amazing too!

I'm subscribed to this now.

Cheers for the comments guys :) I do like the mixed opinions that it creates!
I know it's not everyone's cuppa but I like that it's not the same as everyone else's!

Hopefully I'll have some more bits to update soon. Just waiting to get my mental insurance premium out the way!

I really like this mate! Like how your not following the crowd with the wheels and spoiler. Not a fan of the bumper wrap or tow bar, but hey its not my car so go right ahead!

Pointless mini update;
Got myself a heel and toe pedal plate off the group but that was re run!
Feels much better to use now not having to twist my ankle round so much! Worth every penny IMO

5e3a287203695355355de78eb105840c.jpg

Also the sun was beaming down on us the last couple days so I took the oppertunity to give her a full detail & a coat of wax also off a group buy on here!

SHINEY
4552e2ddc5cf156f70440b3398ea9362.jpg

607ce5d86e5105c6477432f781f31a47.jpg

And in other news:
The missus got a 172 I posted a few months back
Well at the same time as I got my wheels she got some new ones for hers too.
I have also DA compounded the whole car and detailed it much the same as mine.
The paintwork is very much showing years of neglect unfortunately but it does come up nice still!

262ed2ce492436c8f428863e7ad1d5ec.jpg

c250c31d813cd835a3e87b45898cd654.jpg

His and hers

26de7fa1337a3df4a5564d7eff80f7bc.jpg

More soon maybe...

Soo another bit of progress (very slow progress now)
Fitted a whiteline RARB but haven't got Any pics of that.
Makes it much tighter in corners, very happy i invested in one!

And on Monday i took a trip to engine dynamics for a re map, made 154.9bhp @ the wheels after mapping circa 184@ fly. Very pleased with the results and it drives much much better throughout the Rev range now. Again well worth the money!

I forgot the the base figured but it gained about 7bhp after mapping which I'm pretty impressed with.

On the dyno

bcdf7fd1dbb9a468568d17fd2300de4e.jpg

6573c80d2612a29b1e63dc50330110d5.jpg

4d97edb637b028f85f5301cec8b5159a.jpg

6260b291b45635e4a4c185983bc09ae7.jpg

More soon...

No news as yet, other than doing an epic trackday at another club event. Hence not posting.

BUT... Lots of work will be happening to the little beast in a couple of weeks which I shall update once complete.

In even bigger news I've decided it's going to be boosted before the year is out. So watch this space ;)

ab606adc967d31b9fcff4b54c4357efe.jpg

a69a73d185cbf6f3e57b1c60ee86a042.jpg

1aba28082ab966110e74dc8d5c81a6cd.jpg

7ee53ea60a0ad8f48ce285645fae1e9e.jpg

So in recent news, the wee beast had som much needed maintenance in the form of a fresh refurbished gearbox, new clutch, front outer arb bushes, ARP rod bolts, new shell bearings, new fluids/filter and some Gaz rear springs to go with my Gaz shocks. Also had some rear beam toe correction with added camber.

Car drives beautifully and I can't thank Mr @AlexW enough.
Worked a solid weekend for me to get it done. Then on the way home she hit 125k!

Just needs to have brakes bleeding before my trackday at blyton park on the 6th then it's full steam ahead saving for boost!

More soon maybe. [emoji119]

SOOO... long time since i updated this! but lots to add now :D

from the last update i attended a few more shows and did my 2nd trackday at blyton park where the little bean diddnt skip a beat yet again!
done a few thousand miles commuting fautlessly.

as said from my previous post i was toying with the idea of boost,,

well, its happened!
Had been speaking to @AlexW about it throughout the year and when i finally managed to get a ride in a couple of low bosst and a high boost clio i was sold on the idea.

now obviously we all know the rough prices on boosting a clio and its not just pocket change so to hand your pride and joy and lots of hard earned cash to someone you want to know what your getting.
thankfully ive know alex a few years and hes the only person that i ever let work on my car because i know his work is spot on all the time. theres no corners cut and its all done reaslly tidily.

Spoke to Andy at Engine Dynamics ate PFC expo and discussed a rough date to get it booked in for then finalised it lkater on gthe following week.
so on the 23rd of November off my little bean went with alex to ED for the work to commence.

throughout the conversion i was kept up to date with what was going onand sent a few pictures of various bits and peices so i knew exactly what stage it was at and how she was looking!

the conversion took 4 days including mapping so it was ready for collection on the 27th!

ive never been more excited to collect my car from work before, it made 234..9 ftlb torque and 233.8hp which on an engine that had done 130k i was over the moon with!

turned up at the unit and was greeted by and and alex before they walked me into the workshop to show me around the car, the conversion is so tidy it honestly looks factory fit, the loom is nice and tidy the boost pipes are all neat and tidy even the clamps were all facing the same way, i know vthats small but its the little details like that that show that its been done with real care!

sorted out the finaly balance that was due and then it was time!
felt like a kid at christmas when i got behind the wheel, they told me to go easy as its much more livley than it would have been so i gingerly drove it away and stopped for some food to calm my nerves a bit, i did finaly open it up properly on a straigh section of dual carridgeway and my god does it shift!
spools up nice and fast and the power delivery is nice and consistent through the revs!

i honestly cant recommend engine dynamics enough for this conversion, mental turnaround time and there work is just awesome. everyone ive tasken out and has looked at the car have cmmented on how well it goes and how oem the conversion looks. couldnt have been happier to have spent the money there.

ive had the car back just over a mionth now since the works been done and ive done close to 3000 miles in it, not one issue at all, its started and driven the same as it was before just much faster of course ;)

i have had a few bits done since then which alex did just after xmas which was a helix 4 paddle friction plate as the standard clutch diddnt work too well with the extra torque which we all expected some new front GAZ coilovers to replace the tired AP ones and some new exhaust mounts.
now it handles as well as it drives!

if any of you are thinking of the turbo route i seriously reccomend Engine Dynamics, even if its a long trip to them its worth the journey!

ill upload some images off my phone on tappatalk as i cant remeber how to do it on my mac lol!

photos to follow shortly!....

Attachments

• IMG_3192.JPG
    IMG_3192.JPG
    240.7 KB · Views: 75

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
what helix did you go for? paddle or road? want something similar for mine when I go down the same route as you.