ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane 225 powered 172 cup.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Left the ring in with the o ring, but internals removed.

Why whats the problem?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Put a 197 stat in it mate. Essentially you've just created a big kettle. The water needs a restriction to slow it down otherwise it just passes straight through the rad and it hardly has time to remove the gear from the coolant. With no restriction, the temperature will just go up and up.

Trust me on this - you need a stat in there.

Put a 197 stat in it mate. Essentially you've just created a big kettle. The water needs a restriction to slow it down otherwise it just passes straight through the rad and it hardly has time to remove the gear from the coolant. With no restriction, the temperature will just go up and up.

Trust me on this - you need a stat in there.
True, there must be some science behind finding out the perfect speed for heat transfer...

Hm, yeah not running a heater matrix either so no restrictions there either.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
True, there must be some science behind finding out the perfect speed for heat transfer...

Hm, yeah not running a heater matrix either so no restrictions there either.

Bigash ran no stat in until I convinced him it was needed. He shrouded the rad at the same time and got a noticeable drop in ct's mate.

Bigash ran no stat in until I convinced him it was needed. He shrouded the rad at the same time and got a noticeable drop in ct's mate.
Ok cool man, I'll get a 197 stat then.
Yeah got some alloy ready for that!

Cheers bud, thanks for being on the look out

M135i, 197 turbo
I had issues on the blown lump at oulton with over heating just from the sighting laps. Pulling the grills out seemed to fix it though. Could have had an issue with the stat though as I left the original unknown condition one in in my rush to get it finished.

What's the benefit of the 197 stat? Opens at lower temps? I've gt a new 172 one in at the minute but could change it to a 197

I know you've cut holes in your front cross member but I've all but removed mine. Had to due to size of intercooler though.

I had issues on the blown lump at oulton with over heating just from the sighting laps. Pulling the grills out seemed to fix it though. Could have had an issue with the stat though as I left the original unknown condition one in in my rush to get it finished.

What's the benefit of the 197 stat? Opens at lower temps? I've gt a new 172 one in at the minute but could change it to a 197

I know you've cut holes in your front cross member but I've all but removed mine. Had to due to size of intercooler though.
Im gonna see how it goes, with and without stat just to confirm. Not exactly a hard job to change it.

Will keep the crash bar in for now, for you know crashing... ;)

M135i, 197 turbo
Im gonna see how it goes, with and without stat just to confirm. Not exactly a hard job to change it.

Will keep the crash bar in for now, for you know crashing... :wink:

I'm just aiming not to crash:tongueout:

dan's cast offs.
NO CRASH BAR!!!! haven't you read without it if you hit anything bigger than a budgie your car will fold in half and you'll die in a ball of fire:dizzy:

NO CRASH BAR!!!! haven't you read without it if you hit anything bigger than a budgie your car will fold in half and you'll die in a ball of fire:dizzy:
Nah I heard that mate, luckily hes kept his fuel rail guard on.

dan's cast offs.
Nah I heard that mate, luckily hes kept his fuel rail guard on.

that just adds weight and will smash without the crashbar in place sending bits of flaming ally all over the place, would be like a volcano going off!!

Well deciding im taking it a slightly different route, meaning progress has been pushed back.

So instead of using the megane throttle body (which is broken anyway) im going to have the inlet modified for a clio tb.

This means, easier replacements, less air restriction, easier to wire.

0a66fe765f5bd2879df475aaad1364f1.jpg

I am also going to a cable throttle, i like cable throttle, its just nicer.

Oil cooler bits are here also, so will get that mounted tomorrow
079abb9606802579210284168a802f3b.jpg

Cut a few more holes in the car, weight saving and all that...

b5343ff0824c5f6230ed37f08401be7c.jpg

Oil cooler is mounted, but no pics of that. Just got sort half the lines out.

A few of my mates were driving in some subaru rally experience day taking people round so took that oportunity to take the Mrs out for a cheap date lol

Here she is wondering what she got in to. Now I want to build a rally car, right good fun sliding through the dirt!

0fb31082fe797e11b58e88099f357142.jpg

Hey ho, anyway inlet should be back tuesday, and then Mike Woodford should be coming to put a base map on the new ecu and get it running, hopefully I'll have some bulkhead fittings by then and then i might.. just might be able to drive it home...

Updates!

Made some s**t up today, deflector to catch some air.

1c7a734b524b6cfa710be2419f76f2c3.jpg

And a little coilpack bracket

ea802ddfef3dbdaeb925589e1c8bb411.jpg

Both jobs Ive been putting off for a while but finally got done.

So clutch issue hasnt got any further forward.

Bought a bias pedal box with mcs mounted behind but that aint gonna work as it pushes the pedal to far forward and I cant move the seat back to far. Like this...

dd3b02ca45c3d27bc68c9fb767a177ad.jpg

So Im gonna stretch then endless budget to get a pedal box that has the master cylinders forward facing under your heels with a flat floor over the top, this should hopefully give me the leg room, and get around the hydr clutch issue.

And servos are for gays...
02baef0f6e606cdc302ad3b89d3d2a39.png

Anywya got a trackday booked, fulll day at Snetterton, winning.

0df26c6e85f788f3ebf72c907707a063.png

Oh inlet is hopefully arriving tomorrow so will get that fitted ont lunch break! Picking up new ecu friday too, with hopefully base map already installed.

72916045239b235113c43380dde8a7fa.png

Gettting there

Small jobs done today, got the new ecu so decided to have a little play around.

Few things needed tweaking like the fuel pressure and injector size, its not running at the moment which i think could be due to not having a tps plugged in. Which is saying telling then ecu not to fire injectors.

4a6493b55b51a2ff8774929459a56e0d.jpg

Removed servo, and tried to see what other brakes lines I needed now there was extra lines.

41275a8346818666b86c03039ce9cac4.jpg

Starting to neaten things up...

48d5706db33914e720a7eb6df94eab73.jpg

Fuel pump loom needed some attention

8fe38eaf26e0fd8c69a4d142e8d1b90b.jpg

f7354f75e1cf241e8ba520a9ec51587d.jpg

2e147ab61bfb5caa2d4c721317f9de84.jpg

Got there in the end.

Noisy 044s, if the vid even works lol

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
should the fuel pump be running constantly like that? I would have thought it would stop after its primed

should the fuel pump be running constantly like that? I would have thought it would stop after its primed
Just the way the ecu is for now - needs a firmware update apparently.

Not doing any harm though, apart from shortening the life of the pump

Months worth of firberglass and dust cleaned off today!

6c117b605a71dc460062e0b1112512dd.jpg

Exhaust needs a sorting out, need to string her up, then its a case of getting it mapped and out at Snetterton on the 8th for an opentrack day.

So weekend updates as usual!

Saturday was spent on another clio sorting some wiring bits, msa isolater, ign and start switch, epas etc

Sunday was spent on my car, wo.

First job was to change the bottom coolant lines over, to allow for the standard rad with the other alloy lines.

Secondly got the exhaust sorted which just needed a few brackets adjusting, then I made an alloy exhaust trim with a bit of left over gold heat foil, not sure how it looks in the daylight as it was dark... haha

Forgot the rear suspension isnt in yet... that hopefully should be getting sorted out monday ready for wednesday.

08c3aeb3fa2f9092551de6b763ce9992.jpg

10f98af648007d5127dc4c6a8cf58779.jpg

Brake lights have been sorted, fitted a little stealth switch for the lights aswell to make people work for their braking points when following me... haha

e6309236a4766fb1f18d5eae09448c7c.jpg

And external elec isolater has been fitted.

9c777dd4ecf79ab64c02382b8a5ae278.jpg

Anyway Wednesday I'll be taking the car down to SJM for him to work on cold starts and then finally get it mapped on the 28th.

Excited, just hope I havent forgotten anything...

Did you get a pedal box in the end?
I did mate,
cf0b440590da1c575134fdce48105d53.jpg

Went for an angled one, as my seat is already far back as possible so needed the leg room!

I reckon if i ever do another one ill go for a pedal box with forward facing MCs. As that allows even more adjustment and a bit of recline aswell as with this pedal box its tilted quite far forward.

Feels good though

M135i, 197 turbo
I did mate,
cf0b440590da1c575134fdce48105d53.jpg

Went for an angled one, as my seat is already far back as possible so needed the leg room!

I reckon if i ever do another one ill go for a pedal box with forward facing MCs. As that allows even more adjustment and a bit of recline aswell as with this pedal box its tilted quite far forward.

Feels good though

Looks good. Cable adjuster for bias? I need to get one...

Looks good. Cable adjuster for bias? I need to get one...
Cable adjuster and i kept the bias valve in there also as i had my lines made for it...

So i should be fine with the rear braking effort haha

Nothing much has happened reallly... car is currently at SJM for mapping, should be picking it up Mondays if all has gone well... fingers crossed@

On another news there a new addition to the family, we picked up this yesterday

134bab5dfec74b3a1e26111948b8088e.jpg

Gonna be the mrs daily, great little car good fun and hopefully its kinda fuel efficient for her haha.

Got my rear suspension back from AST just had spherical bearings fitted which looks pimp.

87f5bff14b2f4f47d43abc63851cd101.jpg

Sorted an exhaust trim, and height of the exhaust adjusted

df6aaf2a7318b7f21c5092d7007fd8c5.jpg

But yeah wish the car luck for tomorrow haha