ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane R26 & Audi TT Quattro

Static Low
Hi guys. Been building up my skills on some cars lately, heres some pics from my work on an R26 & Audi TT. Loved both cars, just wish i had a proper camera to do the work justice. Took the TT a spin, 225bhp 1.8 turbo. I LOVED it !!!

Same stuff used on both cars:

Meguires gold class shampoo
AG SRP
AG EGP

Alloys polished & sealed (AG SRP / AG alloy wheel seal)
Tyres dressed ( AG tyre dressing & topped up with carplan back2black)
Windows polished (AG window polish)
Plastics dressed (AG bumper care / carplan back2black )

cc.jpg

bb.jpg

a.jpg

hh.jpg

gg.jpg

ee.jpg

ff.jpg

Thanks for looking guys. How much money should i be looking to take for this type of work ??.

Andy

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Any interior shots of the TT? I was seriously looking at getting a TT a few months ago but decided to keep the 182 after spending £500 on a cambelt change i felt i ought to enjoy the car a little first. Kinda wish id got one now lol

Both cars look great mate. How did the TT fair against the R26?

Z4
Both cars look great, I'm thinking of getting a tt at the moment.

As for comparing it to the r26...te meggy should be a little faster due to weighing a little bit less and being fwd but not huge amounts in it.

Static Low
No interior shots of the interior mate but was very comfortable and spacious ! red leather seats was mint !!

Never drove the R26 but the TT was an awesome drive. Got to about 3k revs in 1st gear thinking.. yeah, quite fast. Then it just took off and through me into the seat.

Doing a bit of mobile valeting / detailing just now and really dunno what to charge

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Best bet is just to research your competitors, find out what they charge and either charge a similar amount or undercut them to start off with to incentivise potential customers.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I assume your doing everything by hand?

This basically limits your overall results. A simple, wash and detail/wax can be charged at 30-80! Dependent on detailer/experience and location.

Not to dash your work, but you're a small fish in a big pond!

Keep it up tho if your serious, worth jumping along to a professional session via detailingworld.

Static Low
I assume your doing everything by hand?

This basically limits your overall results. A simple, wash and detail/wax can be charged at 30-80! Dependent on detailer/experience and location.

Not to dash your work, but you're a small fish in a big pond!

Keep it up tho if your serious, worth jumping along to a professional session via detailingworld.

I certainly am a small fish in a big pond chap. Just something im into. I done both cars for 25 quid each. Pretty cheap i reckon. Just extra money on the side from my own job and college. Signed up on detailing world, so il watch out for things. Looking to move onto machine polishing etc soon. :).

People want there car looking nice, but they dont have time etcc and are too lazy soo basically im just stepping in and doing it for them. Family, friends, work colleagues etc

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Think of it this way. I appreciate you're doing it between job and college.

Detail is say x hours
Products cost x

Is 25£ worth it...May seen enjoyable just now. But tbh when i gave all this detailin malark up i was chargin 200ish! and it only worked out at about a tenner an hour relistically after products and any travelling.. lol

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Only charged me 60£ ya wee satchel!! Suppose u shoulda been payin me for hangin out way u! ;)

Porsche Boxster987S
there is a meet over at davids unit in blantyre next sunday if you want to come along. Plenty of demos there and dentmaster too. Doing examples on Engine details to full paint corrections and plenty of pros about to ask any questions. Think theres around 25 cars going so far.

As for your prices and doing it as a hobby , i agree with ali that 25 isnt really worth it. By the time you top back up on products you havent got much left. Obv being friends n family is diff though.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Like a'll help anyone now a days and not take anything for it...Far from being a pro, but got a pretty good idea. As long as lunch is provided am no caring.