ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane Trophy 265 beats the R26 R's Nurburgring lap record.

As we reported last week, Renaultsport’s newest progeny – the Mégane RS 265 Trophy – has broken the lap record set by the Megane R26.R around the Nürburgring, lowering it by just under 9 seconds from 8min 16.9 seconds to 8min 7.97 seconds.
Although it was only officially confirmed this morning, development cars have been lapping the 14.7 mile circuit even quicker in testing. We understand the car was fitted with the standard road car’s Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tyres on the Trophy’s newly designed 19″ wheels.
The Trophy comes fitted as standard with the Mégane 250′s Cup chassis, Recaro seats with yellow seatbelts and detailing, 19″ Speedline alloys in gloss black with red rim, standard Liquid Yellow i.d. metallic paint, ‘Trophy’ red decals on F1-style front blade and doors, LED daytime running lights, Renaultsport Monitor on-board performance tracking and an extra 15bhp (now 261bhp) and 20Nm of torque (now 360Nm).

R265.Trophy-ring_banner.jpg

In my opinion it's a real achievement to say it's not a track focused car like the R26 R. It's also quicker than a M5 round the ring too, which is no mean feat.

Not a fan of the price tag for vert little extra but my word it must shift....

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Doesn't someone on here have a 300bhp megane? Send that round the ring!

Also, since I can't be arsed to read all the 'meg 250 ring' threads... Isn't there only 500 getting made and only 15 are getting sent to the uk

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
im wondering if anything has actually been done to the engine. Standard mines on 270bhp (adam has 300). So either the trophy is runing more power than the 265 stated or its just the true power.

Im suprised the 19inch is the best rim size.

Last edited:
im wondering if anything has actually been done to the engine. Standard mines on 270bhp. So either the trophy is runing more power than the 265 stated or its just the true power.

Im suprised the 19inch is the best rim size.

Wouldn't surprise me if the test cars are running alittle more than 265 to be that fast round the ring...