ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metallic knocking/clunking under braking.

Clio 182 Cup
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this my issue as it's been coming and going for a while now but has finally got to the point where it's Constant now.

When under braking something on the driver side is knocking under braking, only happens under medium/hard load.

Once it's made the noise you then have to accelerate slightly and re apply the brakes and it will do it again..

I've recently replaces the ball joints, track rod ends, steering rack bushes, anti roll bar bushes and have Brembos on the front.

Ive gone over and spanner checked all the work I've done to see if anything was loose or wrong and I can't find anything.

Has anyone had this problem also? Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

2004 Clio MkII
It's a long time I know, but I assume you found out what the problem was? I can certainly find references to this problem but the specific cause seems to be a crap shoot.