ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Might be selling my flame red clio in the next week

Clio Sport 182 cup
Just realy wanted a few of ur opinions on what u think i should be lookin for it :cool:

well its a 51 plate 56k on the clock, i have done 10k of those & i have changed the oil & spark plugs in the small time i had it, i have looked after it well, dont have service history as it never came with any but had it checked by a garage & they say the cars mint, it has viper induction kit & few other mods like 17" tsw alloys magnex back box pioneer mp3 cd player 1100w jbl amp 15" mac audio sub kenwood 6x9s.

reason im sellin it is need somthin more pocket freindly for insurance & petrol while i clear debt lol

Heres a few pics of the car.

Image236.jpg
Image235.jpg
Image233.jpg

Image240.jpg

Breaking A 172 Replica
Not having FSH should take a fair bit of the price tbh.

I would think you would be looking at around 4k

Sam

Ad

MK2 FRS
i think 4k. Id really try and trackdown some of the history, try the local renault garage of the past owner etc.

al

ST on the way...
Surely it's worth a LOT more than 4k!!!! :S

I'd stick the original wheels back on it too tbh.

Breaking A 172 Replica
It doesn't have any SH though.

Is it HPI clear as those cars without SH have been an insurance write off.

Sam

BMW M5 & E36
A friend's dad who used to work for Renault reckons a car with a FSH is worth no more than £50 more than a car with an incomplete history. Don't know how much truth is in that but might be worth considering when you put a price on it.

Clio Sport 182 cup
thanks for that input mate, kindo herd somthin along the same lines about service history, i was thinkin of sayin 4.5k for the car but just wanted peoples opinions on it first incase it was worth more or less.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
A friend's dad who used to work for Renault reckons a car with a FSH is worth no more than £50 more than a car with an incomplete history. Don't know how much truth is in that but might be worth considering when you put a price on it.

Let's be honest, most of the things in the service are just "check" this and that, and many people have been very unhappy with the service from Renault. If it seems generally alright mechanically it's very likely to have been looked after. The services usually amount to nothing more than an oil and filter change, air filter change, and the odd pollen filter. Then they LOOK at the brakes, LOOK for rust, LOOK at the bulbs, etc.

A full history proves it's had oil changes and someone has ticked some boxes to say the tyres aren't bald. The car as a whole could easily be in poor condition - air con flat, battery flat, old brake fluid, any number of rattles and dodgy sensors, scratches and bumps all over it, and still have a FSH. How many times have you had a "health check" where you get a sheet obviously ticked from top to bottom in one go, with some BS about brake pads you can see are well over the minimum?

My mate who's a mechanic looks at the condition on the day and FSH makes little difference to him. His experience in main dealerships showed him how much cheap oil they use and how many services take ten minutes. They used to race each other at Ford getting the services done quickest and all they did was oil and oil filter and then air filter.

Get the cambelt done, it's due at 5 years. And the aux belt and tensioners.

Could get a report done by the AA or RAC for about £100 to prove it's condition.

Breaking A 172 Replica
I wouldn't bother with cambelt.

Its 400 pounds and alot of people aren't as clued up as the people on this website.

Many won't realise it is due and unless you have exceptionally strong morals I really don't see what you could gain from it.

Sam

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I wouldn't bother with cambelt.

Its 400 pounds and alot of people aren't as clued up as the people on this website.

Many won't realise it is due and unless you have exceptionally strong morals I really don't see what you could gain from it.

Sam

That's true, but what I was thinking was setting a buyer's mind at ease. You could open with the fact that the cambelt's just done at X cost and they'll be thinking it's been looked after. They're looking at their potential shiny new purchase and hearing good things. :)

Everyone likes to hear that a potential cost of a few hundred quid has been taken care of. Even if they had no idea it was needed.

M2 Competition
To be honest, services are a con, and a way for garages to make money.

Dont need doing every 12k miles for sure.

Anyways, id say 4.5k.

Clio Sport 182 cup
well thanks for all ur feedback on this matter folks, will be hitting autotrader & the likes in around 2 weeks, as im just gonna clear the finance on it next week & put it through an mot & put new discs & pads alround.

Breaking A 172 Replica
Don't bother with discs and pads alround unless it is noticeable when driving it that they desperately need replacing.

The new owner may not want stock brakes and you will never make the money back.

Sam

Ultra Blue R26
well thanks for all ur feedback on this matter folks, will be hitting autotrader & the likes in around 2 weeks, as im just gonna clear the finance on it next week & put it through an mot & put new discs & pads alround.

If you're settling finance on it, you normally need to leave it 4 weeks after settling before it shows as clear of finance, just a warning as a potential buyer could check and it could show as finance still owing.