ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mike's 182 FF

LY R26 #288
Thanks for the info. Been tempted to get the ktec coilovers for a while. They do look nice low.

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Had some packages turn up this morning... :-D

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_0717.JPG

DS2500
IMG_0718.JPG

Brembo HC
IMG_0719.JPG

OEM + ABS rings + Wheel Bearings
IMG_0720.JPG

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Just bought myself a new seat, a Sparco Circuit

00892F.jpg

So the sparco corsa will get relegated to the passenger side now.

I've also picked up two bargains from ebay, a willans 6 point and willans 4 point harness as new. Will probably run the 4 point on the road, and then swap to the 6 point for track, as the aircraft buckle is a b**ch.

IMG_0754.JPG

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Did a bit more on the car today... the sparco circuit should be here tomorrow so as it was my day off i decided to strip the rest of the car ready for the seats to go back in.

strip1.JPG

Getting ready to cut the airbag wires on the seat, closest thing to diffusing a bomb?
strip2.JPG

Both seats out, stripping time, 12.8KG in the pile below...
strip3.JPG

Next up was to remove all the standard seatbelts and trim...put it all into a bag and it weighed 1 stone (6.4kg) which i couldn't believe.
strip4.JPG

How it stands at the moment, need to take the sound deadening out at some point and spray the inside of the shell
strip5.JPG

strip6.JPG

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Its a bit....hard to get into :D Twice as hard as the corsa. Car feels like a fighter jet cockpit, LOVE IT :D

IMG_0782.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

Just read from the start, some nice mods, your picture locations are fantastic, i need to hunt more for a good location for a shoot.

More of a fan of the smart fast road look i think you had going than the track look you've gone for towards the end but i still like it !

Liquid Yellow R27
Looks amazing! My mate is buying a 182 at the weekend. Going to recommend that he gets this colour! Really smart 182 though man :)

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Thanks guys, got a few updates for this when i get some time! Have a quick photo instead, yes i know i spend too much time at goodwood! :p

ceehoo.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys, got a few updates for this when i get some time! Have a quick photo instead, yes i know i spend too much time at goodwood! :p

ceehoo.jpg

always good to see pics of yours mike.

looks good on the main august pic of cliosport calender :)

what lens did you use for the above shot?

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
So an overdue update, but still a brief one, i'll let the photos do the talking!

Got all the sittings for the seats & harnesses.
IMG_0809.JPG

Been collecting a few other parts to fit when i get a minute. Need to get a full set of poly bushes for the front.
IMG_1131.JPG

Main photo for CS calender October! Woot!
IMG_1062.JPG

Fitted some R1R tyres, good grip, but they lasted about 4k miles and one track day...pathetic. So stuck some 595RSR on it over winter. Simply amazing tyre.
IMG_1085.JPG

New steering wheel, much better!
IMG_1107.JPG

Today it passed its MOT so i treated it to some puremotorsport solid topmounts + strut brace.
topmounts1.jpg

topmounts2.jpg

ph1 172
Love it Mike :)

I am looking at running the 595 RSR's next month as an everyday tyre and a few track days/nurburgring etc. What do you think of them, on track, and both wet and dry on the road?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
engine and outside looks nice! Im really not a fan of the stripped insides though, but I guess this will be your track car and not everyday car?

Glacier White RS200
quality car, best 182 ive seen on here so far, and also gave me a couple of ideas, top job matey :)

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Love it Mike :)

I am looking at running the 595 RSR's next month as an everyday tyre and a few track days/nurburgring etc. What do you think of them, on track, and both wet and dry on the road?

Hey :)

In the dry/wet they offer the same, if not more grip than any standard performance road tyre i've used. In ice and very wet conditions they can make the car a little twitchy, but just be sensible and drive to the conditions. Its not really possible to get them up to ideal temperature on the road, but on track they come alive and are quite simply amazing. I noticed no drop off after 30minute sessions at brands hatch last month (pushing pretty damn hard too) and they have worn incredibly well too :)

ph1 172
Hey :)

In the dry/wet they offer the same, if not more grip than any standard performance road tyre i've used. In ice and very wet conditions they can make the car a little twitchy, but just be sensible and drive to the conditions. Its not really possible to get them up to ideal temperature on the road, but on track they come alive and are quite simply amazing. I noticed no drop off after 30minute sessions at brands hatch last month (pushing pretty damn hard too) and they have worn incredibly well too :)

:)

Thanks very much.
They sound pretty spot on then! TBH you have to drive to the conditions with any tyre so that is absolutely fine. I think I might get some ordered next week.
Thank you for your input Mike

Also just out of interest, how much negative camber are you running on the front?

Last edited:

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Currently setup as follows, but will need to get the geo done again as the tracking is out and i've raised the coilovers slightly since then.

IMG_0084.JPG

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Update time, and some shameful copy and pasting from a different forum...Got a bit done today...Went to BBQ and collected a few bits, hacksaw, stanley, cloths, white spirit, gloves and scrapper!
IMG_1211.JPG
First job was to replace the f**king s**te renault exhaust mounts. I got some powerflex universal mounts and with a bit of cutting, hammering, drilling and some cable ties (because my car is french) i came up with this for both sides....How it was...
sag1.jpg
My bodge fix last tme..
sag3.jpg
And now...
IMG_1215.JPG
IMG_1214.JPG
Next was to start off on removing the sound deadening. Now i think i picked the worst part first as it was an utter ballache and took absolutely f**king ages. The one in the boot seemed to have a sponge underneath the sound deadening on one half which was near impossible to get off.Started off ok..
IMG_1217.JPG
Top half b*****d!
IMG_1218.JPG
Anyway managed to get that done and moved onto the drivers side foot well which was pleasantly easy. Ran out of time after that so will have to continue at a later date.
IMG_1220.JPG
Car was filthy after a couple months of trackdays and no cleaning!
IMG_1247.JPG
Gave it to some polish guys and 10minutes later it looked like this! :cool:
IMG_1248.JPG
Heres a better photo of the puremotorsport kit!
IMG_1166.JPG
Car went into Rentech for some repairs, PAS pipe decided to split on me, great service from Mike, big thumbs up from me. Borrowed the rentechmobile while mine was in, weird to be driving a RS with full interior!
IMG_1236.JPG
Like i said earlier, i felt since fitting the puremotorsport kit, it had induced a little bit of understeer, ordered a whiteline rear ARB to hopefully rectify this, and thought sod it, why not buy a full polybush set too! :cool:
IMG_1264.JPG
Hopefully get these all fitted before the next track day, hopefully in april. Also looking for some new tyres, might go a next step up and try the federal fz-201. Just gotta decide if i can justify the extra cost just for a few seconds faster on a track day!

Titanium 182
Nice update Mike!

With the mounts you've created for your exhaust, do they have much give? If they don't cause unnecessary vibrations I might look in to the for my car, as an alternative to the much more expensive off the shelf items!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
nice update, i got mike from rentech to sort out my yozza as it was sitting like s**t! and he did a great job. i wouldnt have the patients to do what you have done. :approve:

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
The exhaust poly bushes have plenty of give. After around 1k miles they have started to work them selves free. Cable ties aren't doing the job it seems, will need to brain storm an idea to keep them firmly in place. Fitted a couple things :)

Dog bone was a b**ch to fit!

IMG_1273.JPG

IMG_1272.JPG

Titanium 182
The exhaust poly bushes have plenty of give. After around 1k miles they have started to work them selves free. Cable ties aren't doing the job it seems, will need to brain storm an idea to keep them firmly in place.

That sucks, but at least you gave it a go! Prima Racing solid mounts are probably the only solution?

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
That sucks, but at least you gave it a go! Prima Racing solid mounts are probably the only solution?

I should of bought those first time round, but wanted to give this a go as the mounts only cost about £6. As soon as i'm fed up with these, i'm going to order the prime racing ones :)

Little update..

IMG_1320.JPG

So the reason for the sunstrip...Roof liner and all the other little bits are out, as well as some other crap. I've come to the conclusion that anything that isn't attached to a wire, can't be needed, so its going :p

IMG_1324.JPG

Also did a job that has needed doing for a long time. Cleaning the cotton gauze filter. It was an utter mess before, but now its shiney clean and oiled up.

IMG_1325.JPG

IMG_1327.JPG

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Got some of the parts through today for the switch panel...plan for now is to mount the switches on some ali plate, but eventually the dash will be flocked and bits replaced with real carbon.

A little mock up to check things fit, the back of the isolator JUST fits in between the gap, its literally the exact width of the plate. Gonna have to think of another way of securing it as the security cage fouls the isolator when its in, metal + live wires don't mix well together. Still waiting for the toggle switches to turn up, but with the half the panel free, these will fit easily :nickd:

IMG_1360.JPG

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Switches came today, so I got really impatient and put some 3m on the cardboard template, i really need to get some ali sheet :D Its gonna look good when its fixed in :)

IMG_1370.JPG

Like it a lot:) Didn't see your previous update and really like the sun strip, where did you get yours from?

Got it off ebay for £1 (1400mm x 200mm) ! Super easy to fit too :)

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Not many photos this time round i'm afraid. Not much has happened, just general servicing and fixing stuff for the last few months! Few little mods here and there.

Got some new brembos and CL RC5+ pads (which are mental good btw) and flushed the pipes with super blue dot4
IMG_1384.JPG

Removed the final airbag from the car as well as some other unwanted bits and bobs
IMG_1381.JPG

Massive crack, doh...nice shiney new one via insurance!
IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1449.JPG

New drivers seat, and also replaced one of the 6 point 2" harnesses with a 6 point 3" lap and shoulder belt.
IMG_1387.JPG

Got some bits and bobs for a custom filter setup and a catch tank. Still working on the filter setup so no finished photos!
IMG_1580.JPG

Some very bald r888! Have now gone back to 595RSR as tbh i prefer them!
IMG_1579.JPG

How she stands at the moment...
clio140612.JPG

The car is booked into ktec next month for some 438 cams, remap and a cambelt change. I'm also considering to biting the bullet and getting some ITB's too.........

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Braved the rain today to get this fitted ready for the car going into ktec on tuesday for some 438 cams and a remap. After lots of trimming, cutting and bending i finally got the filter to fit. Not sure if the catch tank is staying where it is, when it goes into ktec they are going to try and find a better location.

BEFORE

IMG_1166.JPG

AFTER

20120708_151852.jpg

20120708_151940.jpg