ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mike's 182 FF

Titanium 182 FF
How are finding the KTR kit compared the the cup sus? Is it firmer?

Love the car mate mine looks very similar. Need the carbon splitter though.

Megane dci 130
Your abs wires are cable tied to the strut. On the old strut you can unbolt the piece that holds them and put in on the coilover. ;)

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
hehe yeah i did see that, was a mixture of reasons why i haven't done it yet. Was late when fitting them/bolt was badly corroded/didn't have the right size bit to take the bolt out :p

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Fixed another rattle today, one at a time, thats the french way. Few super sized washers later and job done.

IMG_0070.JPG

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Got the rear suspension on today, only ran into one problem where i thought you had to use the boot off the old shock, but a quick phone call to ktec cleared this up! Was pretty damn easy to do the back tbh, took about 25mins per side. Took the car down to the garage and got the tracking, camber, balancing and alignment setup, gone for as much negative camber on the front. Heres how it looks at the moment.

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0083.JPG

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Thought i might aswell post these in here aswell, keep all the photos in one place :)

shoot1.jpg

shoot2.jpg

shoot3.jpg

shoot4.jpg

shoot5.jpg

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Fantastic mate Looks perfect IMO . Needs a Si towing eye and footrest to finish it off thou . See groupbuy section ;)

Great Pics !!!

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
How are you finding the Ktec coilovers matey?

Absolutely loving them, i found the cup suspension quite crashy on bumpy roads, the ktecs give a much solid ride all round.

Got some more work done on the car today. Thought i was going to have to take off the whole front to do this, but figured out just before i could just remove the arch seel. Removed the acoustic valve unit and left fog light, 1. because it was smashed and 2. for the cold air feed.

I've just gone cotton gauze and am hoping to run a very large CAF setup to keep it all cool, so the acoustic valve had to go.

After removing the wheel and arch seel (few torx screws and plastic plugs) you can gain full access to the bottom of the car.

Unplug all the switches and then remove the large bolt on the bracket for the dual horns and acoustic valve. (don't worry they won't fall as they are hooked in too). Just let the horn dangle while you are working on the acoustic valve.

IMG_0139.JPG

There will be a lot of wires cable tidied to the acoustic valve just pull this off and the acoustic valve should drop down. Then you need to unplug "green" from "red", and plug the hole of red with something (bung or screw). The unit will be free now, so just pull it down.

IMG_0141.JPG

Quite a bit of space to play with now...

IMG_0142.JPG

The actual acoustic valve...

IMG_0146.JPG

Next up was the foglight.

Few screws holding in the light itself.

IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0145.JPG

Taken the foglight surround out to modify for a larger CAF and then 3M it :)

IMG_0147.JPG

Also last night i took off the TB and gave it a good clean inside. It was covered in black ****e so im glad i checked. Decided to really polish mine, and the difference in throttle response is actually quite impressive for a 15minute job.

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Nice to meet gareth and amy today, picked up my new wheels, 2118's.

Just rushed to clean the car before sun went down, and it starts to **** it down AND my dslr wasn't charged. So heres a dull rainy shot taken on my phone. FAIL

Yummy PE2's
IMG_0204.JPG

I think it might need lowering?
IMG_0213.JPG

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Some slightly better photos, still crappy though as its almost dark outside.

carbonbadge.jpg

21181.jpg

21182.jpg

FF Clio 182 Silver
where did you get your towing eye from?

i have a silver 182 aswell think there quality!

loving your new wheels!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
wasted no time in fitting them ;)

and definitely needs to go a little lower now :)

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
wasted no time in fitting them ;)

and definitely needs to go a little lower now :)

hehe, thought it might be a good idea to get my bald tyres off asap, plus i was like a little kid at christmas. Went up the multistory this morning (were i park for work) for the first time with the 15's on....uh oh...it scrapped with 16's but now...not good :dead:

Whats even worse, the car needs to go lower :rasp:

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
I got bored today and decided to clean out the inlet and give it all a lick of paint.

Heres how it looked before, the oil cap cover broke, so thats missing, and the whole engine cover is also cracked so i've ditched it.
makeover1.JPG

Once the throttle body and inlet was removed i was greeted with lots of grime
makeover2.jpg

All that cleaned up :)
makeover3.jpg

Used autoglym engine cleaner and a wire brush to clean the manifold and fuel rail cover.
makeover4.jpg

Masked it all up
makeover5.jpg

Painted :)
makeover6.jpg

Finished result, camera has made the paint look really flat for some reason, its a sparkly aluminium finish in real life.
makeover7.jpg

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Really good read mate.

Some cracking pictures there to. What you taking them with ? What you editing them with ?

Thanks, Sam!

Like the silver finish, very clean, very tidy, very OEM and no troubles when you come to sell!!

Big thumbs up from me!

Edit, had a read through... Lovely car and some really nice photos as well :)

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Hehe thanks guys.

Photo wise, camera used was a nikon d80 with either my 28-70 2.8 or 50 1.8, editing software is corel XI.

Heres a few random photos taking on my phone/dslr after a machine polish and some de-stickering (the tow sticker is gone aswell now)

182machine1.jpg

182machine2.jpg

182machine3.jpg

182machine4.jpg

2118.jpg

destickered.jpg

cliodetail.jpg

cliodetail2.jpg

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
I'll have some p**n for you guys soon, doing a shoot with mine and this soon :D

182-6-2.jpg

LY R26 #288
Looks very nice. Where abouts were them countryside photos taken?.

ScarySquirrels motor is lovely!.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
some of them pics make the front wings look a different colour. Weird

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Just got one of these, bit tight, need to lose a bit of weight lol, but lovely seat. Just waiting for sidemounts to turn up and then its going in.

IMG_0522.JPG

Looks very nice. Where abouts were them countryside photos taken?.

ScarySquirrels motor is lovely!.

In goodwood, my favourite place in west sussex!

Looks stunning, very clean.

Thank you :)

some of them pics make the front wings look a different colour. Weird

Its not, its just were the car is highly polished and the angle of light :)

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Overdue update..

Most of the interior is stripped now, apart from the passenger seat (need to keep this in for now annoyingly), and some front carpet.

The sparco is in, at first it was bloody tight, but its loosened up over the last month or so, and im loving it. I really don't think i could go back to a normal seat now.

IMG_0556.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

Decided to whip the paint brush out...

Black wing mirror covers

IMG_0679.JPG

Yellow calipers

IMG_0693.JPG

Treated the 2118's to a full wash, degrease, polish and wax

IMG_0695.JPG

IMG_0700.JPG

Discs and pads all needed replacing, and im fairly sure the master cylinder has just failed. So its going to be one expensive month.
On the way in the post to me is the following:

Brembo HC front discs
RS OEM rear discs + wheel bearings & ABS rings
Ferodo DS2500 pads all round
KTR SS braided lines
5.1dot racing fluid

Next month i'll get the new master cylinder and 4 x 595RS-R, then throw it all at a garage and say "DO IT". It already handles like a go-kart, so with the new discs, pads and sticky tyres it should be awesome.

All this means no trackdays though (maybe brands in december) which makes me sad, but as this is still my daily, this takes priority asap.

Heres how shes sitting at the moment, looking very sad:

axlestands.jpg

Miss the car already and can't wait to get it back on the road, this is going to be a long month.

In the meantime hvae a random video from a sunday b road blast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNfTidE2KWw

Loving this more and more.... Quite some competition for nicest "silver" 1*2 I might add!

Edit... Harness going in at any point? I know it's daily but does a fixed back bucket with seatbelt work very well lol? Side bolsters much of an issue?

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
I'm on ktec coilies atm, great replacement for the road over cup suspension, but would like it a bit stiffer for track. Was hoping to get a nice 3" 4 point harness this month, but that will have to wait now, the sparco works fine with the standard seat any way. Lol I wish I was in the run for nicest silver 1*2, Oliver James has that covered :D