ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Miltek exhaust Clio 182 too loud

Clio 182
Hi

I just bought myself my first 182 with a view to having it as a fun toy/track car. First problem the exhaust is loud, doesn't seem too bad static but is registering 100db on iPhone sound meter. It is super loud on the motorway, when pressing on. It's a decatted resonated miltek system, which I understand because of the three boxes should be quiet. Any tips on making it quieter for track days hoping to get it comfortably low 90s DB. Will putting the cat make that much to the noise?

I took it to pipecraft in Basildon Essex and it doesn't have any blows so a bit lost as to why it's so loud.

IMG_0003.JPG

Clio 182
Just in case anyone wonders what difference the cat made. Re-done a static test i.e. 3/4 max revs at 0.5m away with the cat back in and got 94-96db.