ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mintex Rear Discs Dont Fit!

107 Track Car & C4
I bought some Mintex Rear Discs and Pads from eBay last week as one of my rear wheel bearings has gone. Booked in at a garage a couple of roads away from where I work today and they phoned me this morning to say they don't fit! The width of the disc is to big, so they can't put it all back together :mad:. I checked that they had put it back together, with the spacer/ABS ring on correctly and they say they have.

Has anyone else had any issues with this recently? The garage have ordered some new discs from Europarts and going to fit them this afternoon, I've just got to try and get my money back from the shop on eBay now :mad:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
G 172 might have a better idea?

​I wasn't aware that Mintex even did rear discs for the 182. Could be an incorrect model listing? I just used Renault OEM when I replaced mine last Friday - especially as the rear does little in the way of stopping the car anyway.

D.

107 Track Car & C4
Yeah, I thought it was probably just a incorrect model listing.

I've got OEM discs going on the car this afternoon, should of done that anyway really. Just got to get my money back on the discs, as we're using the Mintex pads as there is nothing wrong with them apparently.

107 Track Car & C4
An update on this..

The garage didn't actually order OEM discs, they ordered Pagid and they didn't fit either! So either they are ordering the wrong discs or are complete morons lol. Either way I told them to put the car back together with the old parts and it is booked into K-Tec tomorrow morning to have OEM Discs fitted :)

They may even be able to get the Mintex ones to fit!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Iv had my mintex on for nearly a year and they have been fine.. All this genuine only is daft imo...

PB Clio 172
G 172 might have a better idea?

​I wasn't aware that Mintex even did rear discs for the 182. Could be an incorrect model listing? I just used Renault OEM when I replaced mine last Friday - especially as the rear does little in the way of stopping the car anyway.

D.

I have mintex rear discs on mine now

I had a problem with my brembo rear disc but that was too many cogs on the abs ring. All sorted now

Hope u get it sorted

107 Track Car & C4
Hopefully they will be able to just get the Mintex Discs fitted tomorrow at K-Tec, as I'd rather not have to spend out more money than I have too. I'm pretty sure that it is just the fact this garage didn't know what they were doing, must have done something wrong I think.

I'm sure that the branded (Mintex, Pagid), but non OEM discs, are perfectly good still. Some people will have bad experiences, others wont, same with anything in life.

I will report back tomorrow once everything is done :)

107 Track Car & C4
Just measured them with a micrometer, they are 8.145mm, so I would imagine they are well within tolerance when they were made.

107 Track Car & C4
To update this now, K-Tec fitted them no problem at all, so I've got no idea what the other garage were doing!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
They were doing EXACTLY what was in Darren's thread above.

Basically, when you fit the discs, you try to move one bit, and don't try to move the other (as it sort of looks like it should be static).

You can't get the nut in. You go mental. Then, if you have an IQ above that of a wildebeest, you sit down and realise the whole thing slides forwards and allows it to fit.

2001 172,VW Touran
I fitted mintex discs and pads to my 172 the other day with no probs apart from the spacer being missing from the near side.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Part number was/is correct so sounds like original place did like Darren and Rob suggested when attempting fitting

Least you're sorted now mate

A lot of bearings fail prematurely (which ever make) due to poor/incorrect fitment. Either the little spacers/washers will be wrong way round or missing completely and the rear hub nut not been torque'd correctly to 175nm