ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mintno1's Ph1 172 & Ph2 172 Cup Progress Thread

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
You will not lose money on the ph1, even if you go to town on it. And this cups are sought after so I can't see a problem getting a decent return on that either. Sell the cup to fund the ph1.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
You will not lose money on the ph1, even if you go to town on it. And this cups are sought after so I can't see a problem getting a decent return on that either. Sell the cup to fund the ph1.
Only problem with the cup is amount of owners and the state it was in when I got it, admittedly it is not the same car now but I just envisaged breaking it to get the money out of it although could be wrong. The Ph1 is a keeper and I have no plans on moving that on anytime soon, if anything could end up with more than one Ph1 if the cup was to go that is 😂 was talking to someone who was interested in swapping the cup for a Ph1

Hard one that, I was going to join the party here and also say sell the Cup to fund the phase 1, to get it back to full minty freshness..... but it's so clean and totally original, you can't modify it... much! That's my thought anyway, so if you sold the Cup and then wanted to heavily mod the phase 1 to make it more exciting, you may as well keep the Cup and strip it for track! Does that makes sense? IMO swap it for another phase 1, mod and track that, keep your phase 1 factory original, job done! Should have a few £££'s in parts in the Cup!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Hard one that, I was going to join the party here and also say sell the Cup to fund the phase 1, to get it back to full minty freshness..... but it's so clean and totally original, you can't modify it... much! That's my thought anyway, so if you sold the Cup and then wanted to heavily mod the phase 1 to make it more exciting, you may as well keep the Cup and strip it for track! Does that makes sense? IMO swap it for another phase 1, mod and track that, keep your phase 1 factory original, job done! Should have a few £££'s in parts in the Cup!

If I only had the Ph1 I think I would end up modifying, not that anything isn't reversible but I am trying to keep it as original as possible as I think that will be better in the long run, I still haven't decided, I am being indecisive at the minute which is not like me :smile: I do fancy another Ph1 though :up:

That probably answers the question.......... keep the Cup but go more hardcore with it now you have another daily, allowing that to be the fast fun car and the phase 1 can stay nice and original

Clio 172 Cup
Can't believe this is the same car I sold to you.. Hell of a turn around considering the last time I saw it, I half stripped it to sell and had completely ripped it apart to make it a lightweight track car! Good effort..

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Can't believe this is the same car I sold to you.. Hell of a turn around considering the last time I saw it, I half stripped it to sell and had completely ripped it apart to make it a lightweight track car! Good effort..

Cheers Andrew, it's come a long way, trying to decide what to do next with it, I still can't decide :smile:
Are you back in a Clio? What was the other car you were building at the time?

2004 Racing Blue 182
Just read this whole thread. What a cracking job of resurrecting the Cup. Top work.

If you decide to sell/part the cup, let me know, I’d be interested in the Willy wheels.

Clio 172 Cup
If I had the money id buy it back haha. Im back in a Clio 182 now, the car I was building was an MX5 Turbo which is all completed. Got a MK1 Fiesta to build next

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Just read this whole thread. What a cracking job of resurrecting the Cup. Top work.
If you decide to sell/part the cup, let me know, I’d be interested in the Willy wheels.

Thank you, it has come a long way, especially when you look at the first pics I have of it :smile: It helps when you know someone who knows these cars inside and out! (Not me I might add 😂) I think that's one of the reasons I am struggling with what to do with it because of the work that's gone in to it. They do look good the Williams wheels although I did like the Oz F1's as well, maybe it's time for another set of wheels and I will keep it around for a bit longer :up:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
If I had the money id buy it back haha. Im back in a Clio 182 now, the car I was building was an MX5 Turbo which is all completed. Got a MK1 Fiesta to build next
Sounds good, they all come back to the Clio's 😂 is it for daily or track? You should throw some pics up of the MX5 turbo & Mk1 fiesta if you haven't already :up:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Still haven't decided what to do with the cup 😂 in other news have a new daily, if anyone is interested put some pics here https://www.cliosport.net/threads/family-wagon-passat-gte.816004/

40340530371_4b9dd63969_b.jpg

partybish

ClioSport Club Member
Just read this all, great read and two lovely cars, was sorry to read about your iceberg though. Nice to have two so you can have the ph1 as a garage queen and experiment on the cup.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Just read this all, great read and two lovely cars, was sorry to read about your iceberg though. Nice to have two so you can have the ph1 as a garage queen and experiment on the cup.
That's still the idea at the minute with the two, need to pull my finger out and get some work done on both of them but the weather is hopeless at the minute, bring on the Summer :up: I still keep thinking about maybe getting rid of the cup but still can't decide 😂 I haven't driven either of them for a couple of weeks, need to sort that out this week

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Quick update, not the greatest :smile: Ph1 has come out of the garage today for the first time since Christmas I think, it's off to be looked over and see what things need doing for the MOT and beyond and also to get a proper look at the sills etc. and see what/if any rust what we have to deal with. Not the best pic as it was throwing it down :up:

39535732070_616c3ac0ec_b.jpg

Cup is off to the garage in a week or so for all new inner and outer track rods but currently nothing else planned as yet :up:

It definitely could be, although it's not bad at all how it stands, I want to be able to drive it now as it's been tucked up in the garage all over Winter :smile:

Yeah it's not crossing the line isn't it, between a 'mint' car that you can still use and enjoy, and then a car that's so immaculate and clean, underneath etc, you don't want to use lol

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Yeah it's not crossing the line isn't it, between a 'mint' car that you can still use and enjoy, and then a car that's so immaculate and clean, underneath etc, you don't want to use lol
Yep hopefully few bits to do on it and then enjoy it for the next 6 months and then do any other work that needs doing over next winter. In my head that's the plan anyway :up: it wasn't happy I had left it in the garage for so long battery was dead and needed jump starting, that will teach me 😂

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Small update

Ph1 is not rusty which is good although it does need some work, we have a list, still going to throw it in for an MOT on Monday as will be good to see if they pick anything else up to add to the list :ROFLMAO:

Unfortunately I have come to the decision that the cup is going to have to go, I don't really want to get rid of it but I don't need 1 car really never mind 2 and I want to spend some money on the Ph1 so it will be broken unless someone fancies buying it as it is :) to be honest it's worth more in bit's but might throw an advert up for it this weekend and see what happens, would be nice to see it carry on but insurance runs out in 5 days so it will come off the road after that anyway

Going to have to change the title of the thread again now (y)

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Does make sense to keep the ph1 over the cup.
It does even with all the work that has gone in to the cup :) I tried to justify keeping both but don't think I really can, especially as only 1 garage space, have had a great year in the cup

Yeah the phase 1 is the car to keep, despite how far the Cup has come......... can understand the thought process there mate especially with only one garage space, if the cup goes, full steam ahead for minty mint phase 1. You know its not rusty so that's awesome stuff!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Yeah the phase 1 is the car to keep, despite how far the Cup has come......... can understand the thought process there mate especially with only one garage space, if the cup goes, full steam ahead for minty mint phase 1. You know its not rusty so that's awesome stuff!
I think the Ph1 is the one to keep, if the cup was standard with some history and less owners it may be another story but unfortunately not and I do love a Ph1 :) you know I am going to end up spending some money on the Ph1 if the cup disappears

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
You need to put an advert on the Facebook page for the cup, it'll get more interest there I think. Shame it has to go but it'll be an even bigger shame if it ends up broken after all the work you put into saving it.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Good advert matey (y)
@T9 0LLE would be the man with regards to the Williams wheels should you be interested in selling them i'd imagine
Yep will shout if they come available if the car is broken, just being honest on the advert it's always the best policy :)

You need to put an advert on the Facebook page for the cup, it'll get more interest there I think. Shame it has to go but it'll be an even bigger shame if it ends up broken after all the work you put into saving it.
I may have found a buyer so she may live on rather than be broken for parts which would be great (y)

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
The cup has left the building (y) posted the advert up on Friday night on here and on the Facebook pages and got a message Saturday morning asking if they could come and view, turned up midday on Saturday, loved it and shook on a deal and picked up today. I am glad it's gone whole especially with the amount of time and effort that went in to it and hopefully will live on for a long time. Now what to do with the Ph1 :ROFLMAO:
27908616028_8f476414b2_b.jpg