ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk ! Turbine wheel Problem

I have just bought a set of immaculate Mk 1 Turbine alloys, including the centre caps. Only problem is that the “key” to remove the centres has been lost.

Any ideas on how to remove the centres and refit them (without causing any damage? Will a Renault dealer be able to help (john Pease at Cressing is close to me)?
I want to fit the wheels to the car ASAP, as the standard 13-inch tyres are a quite worn.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 10 September 2004

erm try thin snipe nose pliers int he holes?
thats my plan if i ever lose my key

i think you can get a key from the dealers for not *that* much cash, worth asking

Skoda Fabia vRS

from what i can see on Dialogys, i think there is some around with the same key, there seems to be unique speedline keys which you can only buy with the cap bolts........and you can buy a key seperate

think it mentioned something about having a number 1 stamped on the top of the key, i know mine hasnt got that

I think they are all different, although it was dark when I picked them up last night. The key looks like it is one of those with an arrangement of "pins" on it which fit the holes in the "nut", if you get my drift.

Will try the dealer tomorrow if I get a chance-maybe get a new set iof they cannot match the key.

night.icon has just bought a set of 4 bolts and a key from Renault, he told me they cost £16, so not exactly the end of the world!! Just got to remove the old ones, as someone said, snipe nose pliers??

[Edited by steveV6 on 10 September 2004 at 4:42pm]

Skoda Fabia vRS

night.icon if you really did get yours for £16 then speak to Dazorz im sure he would appreciate knowing how !

Ill think youll find the ones that John (night.icon) bought are actually for a Scenic, as i have bought the same ones in the past myself, but they do exactly the same job!!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by matbrown on 10 September 2004

Can you supply us with a part number?

Mat.
Yes can you?! if theyre £16 ill have about 9 sets to make up the money Renault want off me for the set ;)

Willy2

just replace the locking bolts with a torq screw and put locking nuts on the wheel, it would be easier

Trophy

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 10 September 2004

Quote: Originally posted by matbrown on 10 September 2004

There Vauxhall ones, but should do the job.

Mat.

What are vauxhall ones??

They look just like the ones that come with the Astra wheels i had.

Mat.

They are off of the wifes scenic, i just went out an took a few piccys for you numpties!!! lol.

They are the same as the ones that john (night.icon) bought today, and they do work. They cost around £16 from any renault dealer, and most have them in stock.

Sorry, not sure of the part number.

And Raj, i agree mate, but i use these and locking nuts on the scenic.

they are the same for all reno wheels

the only difference is the newer ones are a little shorter but still tighten up the cover plate fine,

i will post up a part number when i get home

j.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by night.icon on 10 September 2004

they are the same for all reno wheels

the only difference is the newer ones are a little shorter but still tighten up the cover plate fine,

i will post up a part number when i get home

j.

Excellent - big problem solved!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by Ampstar on 11 September 2004

Fantastic help guys.

Night.icom-pm sent-will ring you Sunday!

Thanks again to all.

Then tell me! :D

Rang John Pease, had them in stock and paid £17.11 inc VAT for them.

Whilst there I asked about the price of exact replacements for those fitted-after a 5 minute search, he found the part number and price---wait for it---

£92.00 plus VAT!!!

So thanks for the part number for the shorter bolts.