ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 172’s- Rare

Ziel Nurburgring

Driving home and seeing 2 or 3 Mk2s today, i suddenly thought i hardly ever see a mk1. Anyone else noticed this?

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Its not just that there are more mk2s... the mk1 dosnt really shout out look at me, blends in more

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 07 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 07 April 2005

i sell less valvers & williams, mk2 clios seem really popular (172s etc)
Good point, hardly see any Mk1s full stop TBH.
I was meaning Mk1 Clios, not just Mk1 172s... ;)

renaultsport clio 182

yep phase 1s 172s rare,phase2 172,182s seem to be everywhere,personally i think theyve over done it now but nether the less stonking motors...

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Another guy at work has a mk1 so I see 2 of them everyday :)

Although mines a black one so much rarer than his silver one :p

renaultsport clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by mikew on 07 April 2005

big shout for black 172s!! mk1 172s are rare round here.
and oydessy blue phase 1 only ever seen 2 mine and 1 in blackpool,so rare too,only ever seen 1 black 1 most of them seem to be silver to me,still dont see many of these either.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

The mk1 aint exactly rare, lots were sold, but there were a hell of a lot more mk2s made, so theyre more common, however in the grand scheme of all things motoring, compared to say a the full Mondeo range, the numbers are tiny.

Suzuki SV1000S

172s are well rare in westminster, Most of the cars round here are bentley continental GTs now, 100s of em.

Day - you need to spray your bump strips dude!

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 07 April 2005
Day - you need to spray your bump strips dude!

Yep and handles, rear lock and front bumper...

£££ :(

Suzuki SV1000S

Good good. Just making sure your not being lazy. Think we should all meet for a mk1 172 meet sometime as not really any other mk1s in my area of cliosport meets

172 cup'd extreme

there are 6 people where i work with MK 2s I have only seen 2 mk round abouts where i live and one is an exclusive

Ziel Nurburgring

Nice pics, but back to my point. I dont think ive seen a MK1 on the road in months (bubbles at the ring doesnt count)

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Gotta agree, especially in South Africa, we only received 50 mk1 172s and as far as I know about 20% of them have been written off to date

Golf R/Leon FR

yes mk1 172 do rock as ive just bought one!

i havent picked it up yet just waiting to hear from renault because its coming from sheffield and i live in middlesbrough.

cant wait to drive her. will be a big step up from a 1.2!!