ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 172 heated seats

Hmm. Just changing the discs in my CD changer and I noticed that there is loads of wiring and what appear to be heater elements beneath the front seats. I didnt even realise the car had heated seats. Does anyone know if they are they standard fit on the 172 or are they an option?

More importantly, how do you switch them on? The manual says there should be a switch on that panel with the headlight adjuster dial, but there isnt one in my car. (Thought: do they come on when you use the rear-screen demister and/or only beneath a certain temperature? Cant say that Ive noticed any warm sensations in the trouser area, though...)

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

No heated seat as far as I know, just the wires for the pretensoiners and cd changer.

Suzuki SV1000S

The things that you said are heating elements are actually the springs mate, Just a strange shape. The wires are for pre-tensioners and air-bags etc

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 20 December 2004
The things that you said are heating elements are actually the springs mate, Just a strange shape.

A very strange shape! Im surprised that the pretensioner/airbag wiring is so exposed too - ideally positioned for being snagged by items beneath the seat...

Anyway, I guess that would explain the lack of a "Warm Bum" switch. Cheers, chaps.

So the uk 1 has no heated seats.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the car ?

Or a lay out of the fuse box ? they would normally have a 30 amp fuse for the seat heaters.