ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 Clio - Lowered, what size alloys

Hello Everyone!

My Clio is lowered by 60mm on the front (by the previous owner), and is dropped a few splines on the torsion bar on the back.

It has to have 195 - 45 - 15 tyres fitted, otherwise they foul the rear arches. (if you try and fit the standard size 195 - 50 - 15).

Now, Id love to fit 17s. Ive recently acquired some more front springs, which should be a 25-30mm drop from standard, which will raise my car by 30-35mm.

Will they go straight on? or do I need arch mods? If so what?

What should I do about the rear end? raise it up one click / spline? and would this be ok?

I would post picks, but its up on axle stands at the moment!

Thanks,

Chris.

LOL!!

Im guessing its a 16v?? well if it is you shouldnt have to do any arch mods should be all clear especially if you are lifting it up a little 30mm should be fine its only on 1.2/1.4 you have to worry - thats my job for the summer!!

Vix :)

Well as i say you shouldnt have any worries Glenns (G16NNN) valver is on 17s dropped on coilovers and that only rubs on full lock so should be fine!

cool good luck then matey!

Vix :)