ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Golf in brief so far

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Took this at the weekend, some more inspiration to keep you going!

6112993891_781343bba4_z.jpg

DSC_0160 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Well had a bit of fun n games today with the paint not actually being the right type... It's for commercial use like on trucks I don't know how it differs from cars but that's why it hadn't set properly.

But it's all sorted now, it's been prepped and is ready for paint tomorrow :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i feel a little guilty tbh lol, its a propper body shop with propper customers and Steve has pushed everything else to the side because he loves querky projects like the golf, even got his 10 year old son on it after school haha!!its now been painted!! im waiting on some pictures because im like a little school kid and cant wait to see it!!, i cant even imagine it in one colour... its been a midge modge for so so long!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
for any one thats as excited about this as i am haha
e6d9c641.jpg
only pic i have from the body shop, not the greatest but eeeeeee... its all one colour

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
its almost done, exhaust is on now, will probably replace it with a better one at some point, mechanically it just needs the fuel pump, tracking and wipers sorting then its MOT time!!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
arghhh getting stressed trying to buy all the small bits that i need but no longer seem to be available grr

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
paint update : was due to come back today but the body shop isnt happy with the bonnet, so that needs to be done, im actually pretty chuffed that they decided that rather than shipping it back and waiting for me to.

Didn't take them long, after all those months with it sat untouched at that other garage must be a relief for them to be getting on with it so quickly.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
It's yellow, its an old beetle colour, Texas yellow If you google it.

Winst should be back Monday :) assuming the bonnet is right. This is going on in leaps and bounds now! Shame it's the end of the season but meh means I can get it ready for that really early show in Telford

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
any one fancy getting involved in a "makes laurs car ready for its MOT" session next weekend lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well the body shop is our body shop estimators husbands and she works at our place tuesdays, so i come in this morning to a rather guilty looking lucy, im expecting, we've crashed your car or something but turns out when they were putting the windscreen back in they cracked it, i think she was expecting me to be upset but im not, they are getting me a brand new screen in and fitted professionally today.. win :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
tbh i knew it would get broken, they usually break when they come out so i was on borrowed with with it, its then been to kent and back, im actually chuffed it wasnt me who broke it so now i get a nice shiney new one with no scratches haha

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well i went to pick up the new wheels!!who said material objects didnt bring happyness?
93dd3139.jpg
looking forward to giving them a bloody good clean up

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
should be, went to pick them up in my brothers saxo and the wheels cost more than his whole car did... thats it now tho, very limited money left in the pot for the golf, MOT, tax and insurance is all thats really left once ive paid the body shop :s just hope nothing needs doing now for the MOT, it shouldnt as its all new haha

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
just rodered some stuff off i4 detailing for next day delivery, so can start on them tomorrow night

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
good :)just looking at ways to clean up the wheels, going to need new centre badges too i think... why is everything so expensive £45 for some BBS badges!! cummon

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
good :)just looking at ways to clean up the wheels, going to need new centre badges too i think... why is everything so expensive £45 for some BBS badges!! cummon

photoshop... printout and sticky back plastic... job done,
how about using something else for centre badges?