ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Golf in brief so far

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Can't believe this is still on going! Good on you for keeping at it! Can't wait to see it finished!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
nope not yet but as soon as the engine mount it found/ new one made its all good, tbh chris said he might take the one of his for me :D

next unphased meet winst? U up for it?

I turned down a space inside at UD's due to being paranoid about the rust starting to show through and did'nt want to be the one everyone slags for not being worthy. I did want to make early edition to win the limbo comp but doubt it will be ready in time. we shall see.

Ride out in Golfie.... Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
6843169773_f8a5d05861_z.jpg

MOT by laurataylor225, on Flickr

That is all :D

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
depending on the weather maybe this sat, there are however a few little things id like to do 1st.

Filters on the carbs would be a good start!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
it used to be red, need to send the log book off to record the colour change before it will show up as yellow

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well spent sunday trying to make some kind of air filters for the carbs.

started with these little chodes, stubby little things
IMG_7681.jpg

then got some spare silicone hose and heated it to fit
IMG_7682.jpg

ends up like this
IMG_7683.jpg

better :D

But on test fit... f**k no wonder it soubded like a 3 cylinder one of the inlets is comletely blocked off
IMG_7684.jpg

temp measure.. ones alot shorter
IMG_7687.jpg

basicaly realised the whole manifold needs changing before i can drive it, no my mates taking it to make a custom one up for it next week.. carbs should be alot happier then, ill be able to run the full trumpets and make a fair bit more power!! :D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
agreed or electrical tape, then use a razor blade and hold a lighter over the end of the hose when cut to seal the ends of the cotton...

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
was just a temp fix to stop them eating leaves n stuff, the new manifold will allow me to run propper trumpets and filters

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
cant upload anything on this stupid gay laptop. ill sort it out tomorrow

just ordering a s**t load of new seals for the boot and doors

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Who did, Micheal J Fox?!

Still beats having leaves in the cylinders!

I don't 'LOL' and I'm not a big fan of all this internet speak, but on this occasion I actually LOL'd!!!!

Lovin this Mk1 tho. Although you've got patience! I can't even handle waiting for my kettle to boil so I can make a brew.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
hahah im possibly the most impatient person ever... i want everything yesterday, unfortunately i didnt have much choice on this one, just a case of tidying everythng up now and making it look awesome :D

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Just read through this entire thread from page 1 (Yes, it's a slow monday morning at work T.T) and what an amazing story! Really big props to you for keeping going through the tough times, you continued where many others would've stopped. Really really looking forward to seeing it all complete and on the road in all it's splendor.

Excellent work Laura, keep it up!