ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Golf in brief so far

Don't put all the time and effort in just to put a 1.4 in.

So its currently got a polo engine and you want to swap it for a polo engine, not very imaginative is it. It's also not really doing your own thing your just sort of copying and using it as a exercise to detach your ex from the car. All IMO of course.

Just go 1.8T like I linked earlier will be awesome.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I had a MK2 GTI 8v, bought a 2.0l 16V 9a engine and gearbox out of a Corrado that had been hit in the rear. I had to convert the Corrado gearbox from hydraulic to cable clutch which was easy enough.

I then had to buy the fuel pump, metering head unit and inlet from the MK2 golf GTI 16V. The 9A engine is a short stroke where as the 2.0l 16v out of the MK3 Golf is a tall block.

VR6 engines are to heavy and not that much power, if i ever was to to buy another MK2 golf i would go 20v turbo.

Cracking cars, have a big soft spot for Golfs. :D

GTD, Lupo
I had a MK2 GTI 8v, bought a 2.0l 16V 9a engine and gearbox out of a Corrado that had been hit in the rear. I had to convert the Corrado gearbox from hydraulic to cable clutch which was easy enough.

I then had to buy the fuel pump, metering head unit and inlet from the MK2 golf GTI 16V. The 9A engine is a short stroke where as the 2.0l 16v out of the MK3 Golf is a tall block.

VR6 engines are to heavy and not that much power, if i ever was to to buy another MK2 golf i would go 20v turbo.

Cracking cars, have a big soft spot for Golfs. :D

Pretty much spot! Did you stick with 9a cam? Or go for the KR? I would go with a KR cams. I keep looking at 20vT mk2s there is a nice pearl gray one I have seen for sale!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I did have one of the 1.8 16v cams fitted but i dont remember which one, i only had one because i got told that the other was the same???

Anyway, my old car.

DSC00677_zps5df3f3bb.jpg

DSC00671_zpsdec26da1.jpg

DSC00674_zps607ba164.jpg

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Damn I love this sort of thing. I wouldn't have a clue where to start and that's the whole point in a project like this. Starting from the bottom and coming out the other side with a peach of a motor!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
[video]http://vid11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/taylorthp/Mobile%20Uploads/trim508A899E-941D-4C7C-81B3-7C2BFD14342E_zps78d9ba69.mp4[/video]

image_zps79eb3d83.jpg

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
power steering is for girls ha, TBH its not an issue unless your stationary and een then its no huge problem :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
They looked silly from any angle other than straight on. No plans for wheels right now just want to get it up and running again :)

clio dci , ren8
Just read this from the start and reminded me of my Renault 8 lol ,Wheels for that were a nightmare but the same firm may be able to help you . Try looking on image wheels .