ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1/Mk2 172/182 Inlet differences??? HELP

Clio 182 Cup
Could someone please clarify the inlet manifold differences across 1*2's?

I won a polished inlet on eGay, he now says its off a mk1.

Which are FBW and which are cable? And is there any difference in shape? Throttle body differences?

Thanks alot! :eek:

I have searched but couldn't get a definite answer

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ph1 172 - Cable body
Ph2 172 - FBW body
182 - FBW body but different bolt spacings to the Ph2 172.

Although, you can fit a Ph2 172 rocker cover to a 182, therefore allowing you to fit Ph2 172 inlets.

people say that the 182 castings are improved, but iirc it's largly b****cks. makes no difference if you're having them matched anyways.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ph1 172 inlet will not fit at all. Different throttle mech for a kick off.

Plus you'll need altered or stand-alone management to run cable throttle on your 182.

Stick to finding a 182 inlet or at a push a Ph2 172 inlet and Ph2 172 rocker cover.

I manged to find a 182 inlet (lower and upper) for about £130 on here... try posting in the "wanted" forum. It's a straight swap then!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That's Ph1 172 i think fella... best just to ask them about the year of the donor car.

2000-2001 is Ph1 172
2001-Jun 2004 is Ph2 172
Jul 2004 to 2006 is 182

Or if the fella's in the know, ask him about the EXACT model it was removed from.

172 Cup inlets are the same as Ph2 172 by the way.

Clio 182 Cup
Cheers both, sent him a huge email basically saying Im not paying for it. If you leave me bad feedback I will do in return as the item description was incorrect/inaccurate.

'Will fit all Clio 172/182's' was in the description :eek:
Then again, Im just as thick for bidding in the 1st place :cool: