ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Pics and ideas

ArcticBlue 182 Phull Phat
Hi everyone I have owned my Mk1 8v 1.2 Biarritz clio for nearly a year now and have always like dthe idea of adding a few subtle mods to it. My firend A18X H0 showed me this site and I wondered if anyone had any ideas of what they thought I could do to it.

Im still a student so anything I did couldnt be too pricey!

Pics to date are below

FrontOn.gif

SideOn.jpg

Mods to date so far are the nice valver wheels that I picked up quite cheap and smoking the rear lights.

As far as ICE goes I have:
1 x 750W JVC Sub
2 x 350W In Phase Mid Range Spkrs
2 x Legacy 500w Amps

Any ideas or comments for the car are welcome, Thanks!

yeah ive been thinking about doing that worried bout the wheels rubbing on the arches though. Any idea what kinda price decent springs are?

O4 Dynamique
i got 35mm spax for about £90. DO it matey it will look so good, the wheels are mint and with springs as well ud be set. Colour coding if u cld afford it aswell

i got 35mm spax for about £90. DO it matey it will look so good, the wheels are mint and with springs as well ud be set. Colour coding if u cld afford it aswell

Thanks for comment about wheels :) so much better to drive with proper wheels on, stock wheels have about half as much tread on road.

I think lowering is the next step to take, also been thinking about putting some foggies on the front but finding it really hard to get my hands on some. Any ideas?

mk1 RT
i would de-lock the doors as mk1's are easy to break into. i have had all 3 of my clio's broken into the same way, by poping the lock and ice stolen

O4 Dynamique

Thanks for comment about wheels :) so much better to drive with proper wheels on, stock wheels have about half as much tread on road.

I think lowering is the next step to take, also been thinking about putting some foggies on the front but finding it really hard to get my hands on some. Any ideas?

Forget fogs. but if u want em get em.

Cheap mods:

De-wiper back
Clear side indicators
Just keep it real clean and maybe have it PC'ed.

on a budget, drop it 60mm on gmax springs £45 and adjust torsion bar to match(free). guides allover the internet so it's easy with the correct tools.

remove gay tinted rear lights and replace with standard ;)

16v/williams rear spoiler (£15-20)
smoked side repeaters (£15)
colour coded rear bumper from scrappy (£20)
subtle backbox 2-3" single round (£50 ebay)
de-wiper rear

sorted.

just sold my mk1 have a look through my posted threads if you want inspiration :)

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
lower it 60mm and ull get rubbing on any little bump. unless you have 195 15 45 tyres on there.

colour code wing mirror covers and glue them on :)

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Looks good as it is.

Mine looks cracking for an R reg, still i went and changed wheels etc etc. Now its all standard and i like it even more. Shame as i liked the exhaust noise, just a pitty the big ends went on the engine. Ahh well, its running standard now and its great.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Bar lowering it I think all else would be a waste of money. In fact I would say save your money for college and buy something when you graduate.

6/468 17poo
Bar lowering it I think all else would be a waste of money. In fact I would say save your money for college and buy something when you graduate.

This man speaks sense what i did, now trying to get a 172, which is proving to be a pain the arse big time!

Rearend.jpg

100_0394.jpg

100_0153.jpg

100_0154.jpg

Will be for sale whenever i find a mint 172, which hasnt got past history!

Ryan

6/468 17poo
Lol cheers man, not for sale yet any way!

I really wouldnt bother doing anything else to it, think ive had it 4years now.

Like everyone else has said, lower it/colour code it and the wheels youve got are cool, no point in wasting too much on it!

Ryan

nice, always loved that colour

i agree with 'save for a better car' comments, but i guess you could say that about any car!

if you were going to lower, do it proper, and go 60mm!

im not a fan of those alloys tbh, they look to much like steelies imo

i had 172 ph2 alloys on mine:

P1010172.jpg

P1010170.jpg

Phase 1 172, boxster
nice, always loved that colour

i agree with 'save for a better car' comments, but i guess you could say that about any car!

if you were going to lower, do it proper, and go 60mm!

im not a fan of those alloys tbh, they look to much like steelies imo

i had 172 ph2 alloys on mine:

P1010172.jpg

P1010170.jpg

how did you make them fit?? i tried fitting those once and they rubbed big time at the front

corsa c exclusiv
i have a black clio biarritz, so far i have clio 16v bonnet, headlights, front bumper, front wings, and rsi rear bumper, and spoiler and interior. will be going into the body shop tommorrow for a full respray and will be getting all the parts fitted :D will post pics