ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 V6 bloody cheap!!!

everyone wants their car to be worth more, its normal.

id like to think my 51 reg V6 with bugger all mileage is worth £15k, but in all honesty it isnt.

so therefore, id not bother selling it, unless i was offered 15k.

Its cos they are MINT!!:D

Not bothered about money aspect at all....Dont matter as nothing to lose out on.. Its bought now

Quote: Originally posted by beacytan on 03 March 2005

v6 owners value their cars A LOT more than they are worth. thats a fact unfortunately. its just one of them things...
^^^^only as much as anyone who spends 25k on a car should be

Very true @ 182_blue.... For that matter any car dont matter the price everyone values there car...

However I do like being pigeon holed as a V owner!!;) NOT

does anyone here own the JEE 3*3, V6 mk2 blue id

i saw it going through dartford crossing last sunday, superb condition, drove past us on the way through.

Quote: Originally posted by clarkiev6 on 03 March 2005

deffo buy the mk2 of course... but those of you who remember the mk1 rs2000 and the 5 turbo 1 these are now worth more than the mk2 rs and the turbo 2 because more of those where made.

the mk1 v6 in a rare colour will be worth more in the long run... thats all..

[Edited by clarkiev6 on 03 March 2005 at 4:29pm]
not as many mkIIs sold as Mk1s .. so far.. gettin close thou. Everyone sticks up for the Mk1 . i definitely without any doubt reckon that the MkII front end is that much sexier (as far as cars can be !!) hehehe

clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 03 March 2005

£20k or £30k for a mk1???????????

Have you got the wrong currency in front of the figure?

Anyone who told you they got £30k for a mk1 is a liar.

Anyone who told you yours was worth £20k is taking the pi$$.

You can get a mk2 in red for around £19k or there abouts.

Dream on...................................

[Edited by CraigV6 on 03 March 2005 at 7:09pm]

a blue mk1 sold for 30k back in nov, so p#ss off, you dont comment on what you know nothing about!!!:p

[Edited by clarkiev6 on 04 March 2005 at 8:37am]

GW Clio 200

whoever bought that was an idiot IMO. you can buy em brand new - any colour for 21k so why would anyone want to do this????? the only way the v might be worth more is when production has stopped and hopefully people think of it as a classic. as for now, to repeat myself, most v owners totally overvalue them.

clio v6

they bought it cos it was 1 of 8 ever made and had not been used on the road... 16 miles on the clock i beleive...

clio v6

i am looking 10 years ahead... i use mine daily.. so i would not expect good money for it...

I do have a 20yr old 5 turbo 1 220 bhp.. my ins co valued it at 15k and its 1 of 1100 ever made... food for thought...

most expensive mk1 is 18495 with only 6000 miles so if someone says they could get 30k for there mk1 - good luck to them and i feel sorry for the person buying it!!

Mark 1 Clio V6

If someone paid £30k for a mk1 then they are probably suffering from some kind of mental issues.

I dont think anyone can seriously be that stupid.

Dont believe a word of it in any case.

And yours is not worth £20k either, unless the moron (probably fictional) who bought a blue one for £30k is back for more of the same!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey on 04 March 2005
Day172 that car you listed being cheap is cos its LEFT HANDED!

Is it?

Crikey ;) :p

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 04 March 2005

If someone paid £30k for a mk1 then they are probably suffering from some kind of mental issues.

And yours is not worth £20k either, unless the moron (probably fictional) who bought a blue one for £30k is back for more of the same!!!!!

i suppose it really depends on whether this car was a landmark vehicle ..first or last mk1 produced maybe ?? .. with 16 miles on the clock its going to be a collectors item regardless of what it is due to being out of production.

How much are Gordini turbo IIs going for ?? 10k min! limited productionand not wholly stable cars .. quoted as savage beyond the limit , landmark ones are going for 60k+! they were only 7k to buy back then ! I have always drooled over these cars .. even 15 years ago they were still 10000 quid to buy second hand.

If this person did buy this v6 for 30k then its probably never going to see the light of day again . a collector is my guess

Ive got to say that as a V6 owner I think we get a fair bashing on here sometimes. V6 owners arent the only people who like to think that their cars are worth more than they really are. I dont understand how you can say the V6 is overrated either?! It depends on your perspective, what your priorities are when buying a car and so on.

Mitch

clio v6

what about 10 million for a gto ferrari well craig he was probably lying as well seeing as you know every fecking thing there is to know!!! t#sser..!!

clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 04 March 2005

could even tell you where it was sold... but as you are an a#s im not going to...:p

E91 M Sport

People who dont have the thrill of V6 ownership will always think that its over-rated, because they once read a magazine article that said it had a standard interior, and the handling was sh*t on a track...

...but cmon, Ive had mine for 5 months and Im still getting my head around just how f*cking COOL this car is!!! Let the bitches b**ch, and well just warble off into the sunset in the most drooled at car since cars were called cars! oh yeah!

clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by miketheman2k on 07 March 2005

People who dont have the thrill of V6 ownership will always think that its over-rated, because they once read a magazine article that said it had a standard interior, and the handling was sh*t on a track...

...but cmon, Ive had mine for 5 months and Im still getting my head around just how f*cking COOL this car is!!! Let the bitches b**ch, and well just warble off into the sunset in the most drooled at car since cars were called cars! oh yeah!

im with you my man!!!!:D

I reckon Craig must have had some sort of bad experience with his V6 Mk1?

End of last autumn he said, (and I quote)

"I would never under any circumstance part with the V. Keeping it in totally standard form until it gains classic status."

Then starts pulling it down and goes off and buys a Megane 225.

Craig does have issues with the V6, NOT sure why, its an awesome car

He needs to change his name to Craig225 too

Simon

BTW, I have lost count on how many times I have defended the V6 on these forums??? but if I had a pound for each time I could have supercharged it by now...lol;)

I reckon I should change my name to "V6Defender"...lol

clio v6

its not just that ... he thinks he knows it all....

i went to quite a few classic car auctions last year and saw cars go for stupid money just cos a celebrity had owned the car... look at what happened with beckhams range rover last year... made 20k more than 1 off the forcout at your local 4x4 dealer....

my friend bought a silver shadow that was used in minder... thats going back a bit you say... he paid 5k more than 1 in the dealer... you pay what you want for what you want!!!

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 07 March 2005

Is that because the mk2 is as heavy as one? ;)

JOKE! :p

Why do the specs on the MK1 and MK2 V6 on the homepage of Cliosport show that the weight of the MK1 and MK2 V6 is Identicle? Is that right/wrong?.... unless something fell off the MK2? :eek: ;)

Suzuki SV1000S

As a 172 owner, I think the V6 has massive road presence looks the nuts. However, for example in my position I would love to buy a mk1 V6 and may well be in the process of purchasing a mint 03 Mk1 (one of the last ones) for £14.5k with 21k on the clock - But I just cant decide whether I can justify spending an extra 7/8k on a V6 that will look the nuts, But have less seats and be about the same performance (in a straight line).

I think it wholey depends on whether peeps have the money to get em. But you have to remember Jeremy C always said he would definately in his garage of top 10 cars of all time (the MK1 that is)

opps, maybe a bad choice of words.....lol

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by Zonda on 07 March 2005

Why do the specs on the MK1 and MK2 V6 on the homepage of Cliosport show that the weight of the MK1 and MK2 V6 is Identicle? Is that right/wrong?.... unless something fell off the MK2? :eek: ;)

No that artical is wrong, the Mk2 is 1400kgs...a little bit heavier than the Mk1:cry:

Simon

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 07 March 2005

But you have to remember Jeremy C always said he would definately in his garage of top 10 cars of all time (the MK1 that is)

think you mean (the MK2 that is)....;)

Simon.

Suzuki SV1000S

But you have to remember Jeremy C always said he would definately in his garage of top 10 cars of all time (the MK1 that is)

Simon.

No def. MK1 - Have it on a Clarkson Vid from 2000 - Not denying the MK2 is Awesome too. Just think this is a car that should be twitchy at the rear - Just to keep up with the fun factor

Mark 1 Clio V6

I shall reiterate my point rather than respond to the pathetic taunts of certain pathetic individuals:

There is no mk1 V6 worth £30k. If someone paid that for one; then more fool them, although proof of this seems to be non-forthcoming.

No way is an 02 in red with 15k miles on it worth £20,995. Have you sold it at that yet?

Some of you guys seem intent on giving V6 owners a bad name; it is not the be all and end all of cars!

A car is worth what people will pay for it, simple.

years a ago I use to have a Capri 2.8i, part exchaned it for my 5GGT, I only got £1200 for it against £8000 for the newish 5GGT.

I saw an artical other day that said these cars are now selling at £5-8k. thats more than I paid for mine.

If the Capri can increase in price over the years even though 1000s where sold I am sure the very limited V6 will do so also.

Only Time will tell...

Simon

Simon.

No def. MK1 - Have it on a Clarkson Vid from 2000 - Not denying the MK2 is Awesome too. Just think this is a car that should be twitchy at the rear - Just to keep up with the fun factor

OK, I am just going by the latest V6 top Gear road test where he pulled down the Mk1 ( spinning and breaking easy) and said he would def have one of these (Mk2) in his top ten garage? I have that on DVD too...lol

anyway lets not argue over it, both are very nice and us V6 owner should stick toether..lol

Simo.n

it does make me chuckle, only those who have bought a v6 actually defend them

i personally see it as a mid engined "renault clio"

its still a renault clio. yes it is wide as fook, but so is the s1600, engine is a laguna 3.0 v6, so nothing special, handling has been well documented that it has flaws, interior, typically french (minus rear passenger space)

and yes ive driven a couple, wasnt impressed personally

Most of the tools that slate V6s havent even been a passenger in one let alone drive one.. They make massive assumptions off reading magazine reviews and playing Gran Turismo!! (Excellent game I know but come on!)

Lot of them are little boy racers who aint got a clue.

Bottom line is most peeps didnt buy them for their balls out performance in a straight line but cos of their looks,character, and most certainly their road presence.

I mean there is such thing as a test drive first for making up mind.

As for the whole MK1 MK2 war!! We all drive V6s basically the same car with very few diferences. some better some worse? (Looks purely preference)

I know I love mine and 100% glad with my choice... Wouldnt change model for the world..

RANT OVER:D

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 07 March 2005

it does make me chuckle, only those who have bought a v6 actually defend them

i personally see it as a mid engined "renault clio"

Says the guy with NO car....lol

Maybe you feel that V6 owners should not defend the car, only NON owners should? lol

oh btw, IT IS A MID-ENGINED RENAULT CLIO...doh:p

Simon

A car is worth what people will pay for it, simple.

years a ago I use to have a Capri 2.8i, part exchaned it for my 5GGT, I only got £1200 for it against £8000 for the newish 5GGT.

I saw an artical other day that said these cars are now selling at £5-8k. thats more than I paid for mine.

If the Capri can increase in price over the years even though 1000s where sold I am sure the very limited V6 will do so also.

Only Time will tell...

Simon

But ud need to hold onto the car for something like 10 years for it to start rising in value? Or until there are something like only a few hundred left in existence. Whilst (even though they are limited) there are still plently around, and will not rise in value until many years from now.

I will be keeping mine for a very long time.....I had my 5GGT for 12 years...but it got written off or I may still have it now....:D

Simon.