ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 V6 bloody cheap!!!

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 07 March 2005
Says the guy with NO car....lol

and you know this how :confused: because lets face it, you dont actually know me

I will be keeping mine for a very long time.....I had my 5GGT for 12 years...but it got written off or I may still have it now....:D

Simon.

I do think that the Clio V6 is the last of the really extreme machines that Renault did get right! Wont be another like it again.. but I would hope that Renault prove me wrong! Not liking any of the new shapes that are rolling out now.. :confused:

Mark 1 Clio V6

Yes time will tell and I doubt even you Simon could say you believe that someone paid £30k for a mk1 (it can only be 4 years old maximum)??????????????

Okay lets put it like this clarkiev6 says his mk1 in red with 15k miles is worth £20,995. This would make it worth more than your mk2 Simon. Can you honestly say you agree and believe that a mk1 is worth more than a mk2?

This is one of the most ludicrous statements ever on this forum.

The V6 is a fantastic machine (I owned one for 14 months and enjoyed it for about 10 of those), but for what I need my 225 is head and shoulders above. Fantastic car.

Faster through low revs, just as fast at high revs but gets none of the attention and is thoroughly practical. Its also well built (surprisingly), looks good and feels like it handles better than the mk1.

Sorry to go off topic, but thats what we do in this forum.

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 07 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 07 March 2005

But you have to remember Jeremy C always said he would definately in his garage of top 10 cars of all time (the MK1 that is)

think you mean (the MK2 that is)....;)

Simon.

No def. MK1 - Have it on a Clarkson Vid from 2000 - Not denying the MK2 is Awesome too. Just think this is a car that should be twitchy at the rear - Just to keep up with the fun factor
I think he meant the MK2 in general not just a red one :)

http://sfnc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/james/odds/Movie.wmvclick me

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 07 March 2005

Says the guy with NO car....lol

and you know this how :confused: because lets face it, you dont actually know me

opps, lol. ok sorry I see youve just changed your profile ..ok, should read,...says the guy with a 106....;)

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 07 March 2005

Yes time will tell and I doubt even you Simon could say you believe that someone paid £30k for a mk1 (it can only be 4 years old maximum)??????????????

Well ok it does sound strange, but maybe this guy was thinking ahead, who knows....;)

Simon.

But you have to remember Jeremy C always said he would definately in his garage of top 10 cars of all time (the MK1 that is)

think you mean (the MK2 that is)....;)

Simon.

No def. MK1 - Have it on a Clarkson Vid from 2000 - Not denying the MK2 is Awesome too. Just think this is a car that should be twitchy at the rear - Just to keep up with the fun factor
ive got him on video sying the mkI goes home in a hover bag !! and the top 10 of all time well .. he was of course referring to the MKII ..

Clio v6

Quote: OH by the way .. the way this thread is going .. it aint gonna be vi

here very long?

Are you suggestioning that every V6 thread Simon sees ends up getting dumped :D

lol.....starting to look like that...;) I am sure its NOT my fault though, I get drawn into it by others (seem to remember tellin the headmaster the same thing at my old school)...lol;) and have to defend the V6 right up to the thread being locked, lets hope this doesnt go the same way....it may give me a complex....lol;)

Simon.

Simon ..you poor bugger your only standing up for your stylish lump of metal .. the car aint overrated . ..its here to teach us all how to drive properly.. an entertaining gas guzzler that always has something for you on every bend .. whether it be a reward or a pant filler ..something you dont get on a front wheel drive vehicle..at all !!

all those who now decide to flame me ...can kiss my hairy fat arse .. thank-you

clio v6

i have had the chance to sell it 12 months ago and decided i love it too much... it is on there for tax reasons only... it is so i dont own a car i just drive 1 that is up for sale...

the blue one was bought by a collector ... if he wanted a silver 1 he would have bought 1 of the 200 that were in that colour. he bought the blue on at an auction and it was trailered there not driven on the road.

if you had an rs 200 like that now it would be worth an absolute fortune...

as for craig he has bought the 225... which i drove at bedford.. and agreed with my test driver that it was a load of crap!!! good choice from a man that knows f all about cars.....

Hey Clarkiev6, love your 5 turbo 1 mate, very nice indeed.....how long have you had it? and whats been done to it?

Simon.

clio v6

Hey Clarkiev6, love your 5 turbo 1 mate, very nice indeed.....how long have you had it? and whats been done to it?

Simon.

ta mate... i hillclimb and sprint with it.. lots of mods 220 bhp at flywheel... adjustable shocks... etc...etc.. good fun!!

genuine turbo 1 870 kg... and will pull 1 G off the line... craig will probably call me a liar...lol

clio v6

also pictured in my profile are 2 A610s lots of people thought i was mad when i asked 17k for 1 16k for another and 13k for 1 with 88k miles...

got what i wanted for all of them ( i can fax you copies of the invoices craig )

some people ;)

clio v6

nice, 252bhp per tonne and RWD :D how does she handle?

Simon

like she is on rails mate.... 225 50 x 15 on the back and 215 50 x 13 on the front... kumho race tyres... road legal of course..;)

[Edited by clarkiev6 on 07 March 2005 at 5:42pm]

you got anymore pics of the Turbo one you can put up on here mate?

Fell in love with those cars after seeing one in "Never say never again" 007

Simon.

E91 M Sport

Fell in love with those cars after seeing one in "Never say never again" 007
lol, about the only highlight in the entire film!

Lush car Clarkie.

E91 M Sport

The V6 is a fantastic machine (I owned one for 14 months and enjoyed it for about 10 of those), but for what I need my 225 is head and shoulders above. Fantastic car.
Faster through low revs, just as fast at high revs but gets none of the attention and is thoroughly practical. Its also well built (surprisingly), looks good and feels like it handles better than the mk1.

*Yawn* You seriously comparing a warm 3/5 door hatch to a Clio V6 again? Of course the 225 will be quicker, safer, cheaper....but f*ck me, how boring is that! If I was in the same situation as you and needed a MPV, Id buy a Cayenne.....because theyre better, theyre faster though low revs......;)

Quote: Originally posted by miketheman2k on 07 March 2005

*Yawn* You seriously comparing a warm 3/5 door hatch to a Clio V6 again? Of course the 225 will be quicker, safer, cheaper....but f*ck me, how boring is that! If I was in the same situation as you and needed a MPV, Id buy a Cayenne.....because theyre better, theyre faster though low revs......;)
why not compare the two, afterall the Megane has at least as good performance http://www.cliosport.net/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif pmsl

Quote: Originally posted by miketheman2k on 07 March 2005

The Megane is not quicker man, it has only the same power to weight as a 182 and much worse handling.....from what I have read?

nice little family car though, if can stand the back end?

Simon.

Mark 1 Clio V6

I will compare the Megane 225 to the V6 mk1 as they are both 3 door Renaultsport cars and I owned a V6 previously and now own a 225.

The 225 is far better in all aspects than the mk1 V6 other than looks.

I have owned both so feel qualified to say so.

clio v6

I will compare the Megane 225 to the V6 mk1 as they are both 3 door Renaultsport cars and I owned a V6 previously and now own a 225.

The 225 is far better in all aspects than the mk1 V6 other than looks.

I have owned both so feel qualified to say so.

you are entitled to your opinion.... thats democracy..

can we make 6 pages?? lol

172, Tiguan

No we cant. Stop going round in circles.

So people have different opinions! They are allowed them! Grow up, everyone!

Now if people cant behave sensibly then I will lock it.

And havent we had this conversation before, about 5 times?

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 08 March 2005

lol, better still, there are two identical threads running concurrently! :p

Go on, Lock it!

Jerrys final thought: V6s are the best.

clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by miketheman2k on 08 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 08 March 2005

lock it....

lol, better still, there are two identical threads running concurrently! :p

Go on, Lock it!

Jerrys final thought: V6s are the best.