ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 VTS project...

M

mini-valver

The cam covers were manky as fook, so started to get them painted today. Took about 4 hours to sand all the flaky paint off, my fingers are killing! They are sitting in a coat of venetian red in the airing cupboard at the minute, pictures to follow.....

M

mini-valver

I know! :$
Stripped the passenger side down today, tightened everything (The wishbone bolts in the car and at the chassis both went another turn) and everything else seems fine so will see if thats cured the little knock when the engine is back together!

M

mini-valver

I cant help it, If something isn't right, I have to take it to bits :eek:

The rockers just looked tatty, so I thought why not! Need a new arch though, the black bumpstrip on it is all scuffed :(

Mondeo TDCI 130
Well, im not exactly!! But the new owner is, looong story! I defo have your name on the shaft, i think they are keeping the beam for themself! that piece of trim will be fine mate, will check it is in good nick tomorrow!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Quick shot of it when I detailed it yesterday. Doesnt look to shabby!

DSC00152.jpg

Sprayed the splitter too, it must have been colour coded then badly sprayed black after so rubbed it down and re-did it. You can see the scuff on the arch there too, need that spraying when the new wing and bonnet go on......

That looks lovely

M

mini-valver

Well, im not exactly!! But the new owner is, looong story! I defo have your name on the shaft, i think they are keeping the beam for themself! that piece of trim will be fine mate, will check it is in good nick tomorrow!

Ohhh, do explain!! Shaft, trim are both badly needed!

Quick shot of it when I detailed it yesterday. Doesnt look to shabby!

DSC00152.jpg

Sprayed the splitter too, it must have been colour coded then badly sprayed black after so rubbed it down and re-did it. You can see the scuff on the arch there too, need that spraying when the new wing and bonnet go on......

That looks lovely

Cheers mate! :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

OI!!!!! :rasp:

Mondeo TDCI 130
Why am i a fecking kev?????? we may have a small problem child.... i have sold a couple of bits.....

Mondeo TDCI 130
Its fine, have i ever let you down? plus dave says if we let him have cheap parts we can go 2 up on mrs dave! Disclaimer : he may not have said that!!:cool:

M

mini-valver

If I get cheap parts, you can do what you like to her :D

Women do have uses.....Especially at Birchdown ;)

M

mini-valver

You need to drive it actually mate, let me know if I'm being fussy or it's just how they drive, lol.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Watch them curbs also, Steve has a habbit of hitting them at near warp speed ;) ;)

Mondeo TDCI 130
VTShed update!! Went for a sprited drive today to make sure the new driveshaft / bearing was all good! Have to say, it may have no arch on the wing, and look a bit tired, but it does go well!!!

Snotter's
my old vts www.putfile.com/chopper10

Alcon 4 pots
Peugeot sport grp n dampers with gravel spec springs
Rose jointed gear linkage
Supersprint mani
Custom exhaust and decat
Procomp induction kit
Cat cams 708
Chipwizards remap
15" Rota attacks

M

mini-valver

It's been at Birchdown having a shaft, wheel bearing and general look over because I work away a lot now and have zero time. Its on 121k now, still goes jus as well, if not better than it did from day one! Abslolutely love this car. Contemplating a matt black rattle can job but we'll see......

M

mini-valver

LOL! I've been thinking about it all day, if it loks crap, Im fucked. Photoshop??