ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 VTS project...

Looks lovely lad, really starting to come together :)

Just wish someone so kind would PC my car for a small fee.... x

Can't wait to share a bed with you tbh

You decided what your going FCS in? My passenger side now fully reclines and slides..... just the way you like it....

Selk bag anyone?

xx

M

mini-valver

PMSL! I'll let you know nearer the time lad, Clio dependant I reckon unless this looks spangly by then!

Selk bag has my name on it TBH. Need monies :(

You decided what your going FCS in? My passenger side now fully reclines and slides..... just the way you like it....

Selk bag anyone?

xx

its still wonky though i bet haha :D

We fixed it all up today actually! Since you didn't have any tools at your gaff lol

Put original plastic raises in and it sits perfectly now :)

PMSL! I'll let you know nearer the time lad, Clio dependant I reckon unless this looks spangly by then!

Selk bag has my name on it TBH. Need monies :(

Will see what I can do sir... My Surprise :eek:

M

mini-valver

Been pretty busy over the last few days after Matt told me I could come to Donny for his Fast Car shoot and have a mooch on track. So, the new axle was on but as it was a standard height the car looked gay with the H+R springs 30mm's on the front. I'd put off lowering the torsion bar as I know it is a ballache at the best of times. Cracked on with it today, they more or less fell out, lol. Piece of piss! Few pics of them.....

Anti-roll bar plat off and the ARB spun round to get acces to the end of the torsion bar-
DSC00086.jpg

Both of them out in under 10 minutes!

DSC00085.jpg

Original height of the stub axle to body was 225mm, I wanted to lower it 45mm so I jacked the arm upto 175mm (Leaving 5mm for the beam to sag back down again under its own weight once the jack is moved) and whacked the bars back in both sides with some copper grease on the splines..
DSC00087.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

Bolted all the torsion bars back in, ARB plates back on and double checked everything. Put the wheel back on and voila!

DSC00089.jpg

I bought some VTR wheels abit ago with shagged tyres and a fair bit of corrosion on the wheels themself. So I give them a quick rub down and primer before the gloss black coat..

DSC00082.jpg

Then a coat of gloss black. Not a very good picture but it'll do...

DSC00081.jpg

The wheels now have new tyres on but I need to source some wheel bolts before tommorrow, lol. Get some pics of the whole car at Donny tommorrow with them fitted. Not a brilliant refurb but for 3 hours work, I'm not particulaly bothered! I'll give them a 2000 wet and dry and polish but thats for when I have some spare time!

M

mini-valver

Mark, thats why I didnt grind the edges ;)

Took about 2 hours to sand them all and get the corrosion off as they were knackered TBH. Then about an 15 minutes to primer, 15 minutes to paint, then half hour to rub down and lacquer. Left the primer about 6 hours and the paint overnight. Its dusty as feck in the shed too so they were never going to be mint. Not bad though, the "flecks" of dust that the lacquer has picked up will come out so will be pretty good once Ive give em a wet sanding!

Bloor, go nuts, lol!
Not mint by a long way Gaz. About a million times closer than when I picked it up though! Honestly, torsion bars are SO easy. Dont hit em out, I used a socket and long 8mm bolt to wind them out, saves twatting the shite out of the end....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'll have to badger Steve again. Think he has nightmares of Saxo's since his VTS (many many gearboxes!!!) What a f**king tool that was mind. Absolute animal.

106 GTi
Nice work - I hope the rear beam on mine is as easy or my mate is going to hate me forever!

Chocolate Bar™
Mark, thats why I didnt grind the edges ;)

Took about 2 hours to sand them all and get the corrosion off as they were knackered TBH. Then about an 15 minutes to primer, 15 minutes to paint, then half hour to rub down and lacquer. Left the primer about 6 hours and the paint overnight. Its dusty as feck in the shed too so they were never going to be mint. Not bad though, the "flecks" of dust that the lacquer has picked up will come out so will be pretty good once Ive give em a wet sanding!

Bloor, go nuts, lol!
Not mint by a long way Gaz. About a million times closer than when I picked it up though! Honestly, torsion bars are SO easy. Dont hit em out, I used a socket and long 8mm bolt to wind them out, saves tw*tting the s**te out of the end....

whos wet sanding? didnt think you owned a PC dave ;)

106 GTi
LOL. Not leaving it standard Rich??!!!

Hell no - s**t tyres choices for 14's means it needs 15's - which then means the 4x4 stance will look worse so it needs lowering first!

Ordering a stainless exhaust in the next few week now the 182 has sold and I have some money !

Cams and re-map next year as I need a to be able to pass Clio's not just stay with them ! lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Bloody hell, i had you down as a O.E man!!!! It still wont pass a clio ;) Mate had a chipped and cammed VTS and it was still a smidge slower than my Cup tbh. Sounded fantastic though!!!!!

106 GTi
Bloody hell, i had you down as a O.E man!!!! It still wont pass a clio ;) Mate had a chipped and cammed VTS and it was still a smidge slower than my Cup tbh. Sounded fantastic though!!!!!

I normally am, not modified a car since the late 90's ! lol

Bodies aswell it is then ;)

ST

I normally am, not modified a car since the late 90's ! lol

Bodies aswell it is then ;)

Lol...i used to drool over jakki degg in max power in the 5th year commen room n get told off by the girls lol..

M

mini-valver

I was just starting high school in 99, lol!

The torsion bars were an absolute peice of piss Rich, I even tapped it back in to make sure it was moving not then bolt just spinning, literally that loose....

Wheel bolts tommorrow and I can pit the wheels on and finish some other jobs (The car wont lock or unlock with the plip now, it has new batteries and the central locking stikl operates when you push down the door pins) and get some panel clips from Citroen. Then Mark will PC it again after I've attacked it with a touch up pen ;)

106 GTi
FFS I left school in 97 !

I had to get some new bolts for mine as a couple wher missing the washers off them.

Hope my rear beam is as easy.

M

mini-valver

I left in 2004, fresh....

Check for play in the trailing arms first,Mines "just" started and this is the second beam FFS! First one had mega negative camber!

Mondeo TDCI 130
My rear bem was a cnut on my vts! Everything was seized and it wasn't even very old, but me off them forever!!! Did those eccentric washer's come out ok?

M

mini-valver

LOL! Agreed Steve ;)

The washers came out really easy yeah, knoicked them out with a screwdriver and hammer then used some long nose pliers. Straight out, lol. It must be my technique ;)

Mondeo TDCI 130
LOL! Agreed Steve ;)

The washers came out really easy yeah, knoicked them out with a screwdriver and hammer then used some long nose pliers. Straight out, lol. It must be my technique ;)

You can do the vtr? i will reap the reward! Deal!!:evil:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
...............wait a minute.!!! Hmmmm might stop the whinging to me to be fair. (goes away to mull over deal)

M

mini-valver

Another little update!

Had some new tyres fitted last week and went to get some new wheels bolts (VTR ones have to be flat heads) and put the wheels on, I bled all the brakes while each one was off aswell as they were never brilliant. Pedal feel is much better now, alot more solid! Anyway, this is what it looked like before I started.....

DSC00092.jpg

Then with the wheels on. IMO, looks a different car! Thousand times better, Although, I need to take them off again as they're not balanced properly, I watched them do it aswell. The car hates me.

DSC00095.jpg

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Bloody hell Dave, what a difference those wheels make! Nice one!

(Resists the temptation to admit that Saxo's arent so bad....) :eek: