ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 172 full respray white?????????????

Mark 1 Clio V6
Has anyone had a full respray on a 172 mk2?

If so, how much and where and success/horror stories?

The body-shop at our local Renault (I had a bit of work done there on my old V6 and was happy with the quality) have apparently done a full respray on a brand new Clio for £1,800. This was a non metallic job. Metallic would be a few hundred pounds more I'd expect.

I'm thinking that after winter (if I can save some money) I might turn my flame red 172 into pearlescent white. Not sure why; just loving the white colour at the moment and it would be very rare.

Thoughts please...............................................

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Not my favourite colour tbh and it may look like a nurses car.
Selling it on would reduce the value being in a colour that renault dont do.
But if its what you like.
Maybe a plain gloss white would be better with some white turini's

ian

LY 200
I wouldnt change the colour personally mate as, as said you may have trouble selling it on as most will want a factory colour.

106 GTi
Do it, I am planning to do something similar when I find a suitable cheap tatty example of a phase 1

White, carbon bonnet, black mouldings, black powdercoated rims (not high gloss finish) supersprint style race exhaust would look the b****cks

(take note Rich or i'll be round your house with butter! )

Last edited:
  106 GTi
White, carbon bonnet, black mouldings, black powdercoated rims (not high gloss finish) supersprint style race exhaust would look the b****cks

(take note Rich or i'll be round your house with butter! )

Some of the above will feature, won't be staying Phase Ugly though.

Mégane RS
white.jpg

white2.jpg

white3.jpg

white4.jpg

white5.jpg

Mark 1 Clio V6
I think that looks good.
Will look even better with my anthracite turini's on it.

Oh well; better start saving!!!!!

Mark 1 Clio V6
Well mine is lowered 40mm and I've got the turini's in anthracite.

Resale is not a concern - it's not going to be worth that much in a few years time.

Just need to get some prices to see how much. Any idea's?

Mini Cooper S sport
I'm sure I saw a white 182 on the road in France, it looked the absolute nuts! Would look even better with black turinis...

You're so picky Loony ;)

Chocolate Bar™
not much for the ph2, but the phase 1 looks the nuts in white, suits it much better

133/225/CLS AMG
If you had a silver 172 I'd say go for it but its a shame on a flame red one as thats such a nice colour.

But, in white with black turinis and the grilles remaining black it would look pretty nice. Black side badges and even black lights on the back would break it up enough so stop it looking too white! :D

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Why the hell would anyone spray a beautiful flame red Clio white? Have you gone completely mad or are you just balancing on the edge at the moment? Don't ruin it mate, it'll look boring and dull. That's my opinion anyway. ~Shrugs~

Clio_Smart
I think it will look good on your 172.

You should then stick blue race stripes on it also spray your capilers blue.

Maybe spray the renualt badges and the 2.0 side badges blue aswell so it all matches but im not to sure on this maybe just leave these standard.

Finally you could even get yuor 172 alloys sprayed anthracite that should really set it off :D

Look a bit like the new focus st but much better

Mini Cooper S sport
But, in white with black turinis and the grilles remaining black it would look pretty nice. Black side badges and even black lights on the back would break it up enough so stop it looking too white! :D

I like your sense of style! Spot on :approve:

Oh, and the guy above talking about blue stripes and calipers..NO NO NO!!! It has to be pure white with subtle black bits to look best, no colours at all..!

DynamiqueDebz,a lot of white cars ARE dull, but sporty cars look the dogs danglies in white.

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Would look even better with a carbon fibre bonnet and some gloss black rims...

CTR--VX220D
I think that my 172 would look great in white [silver at the mo] but the missus say that it would no way be worth it!!!!