ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 172...here comes 200bhp

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
nice :) Heard nothing but good things about Shrick kit so that'd definitely be top of my list :)

172cup
Yeah sure donz give me a shout in the new year.

I m caught in two minds whether to mod my 03 172 or save the pounds for a 182 trophy in May. Decisions decisions!! Saw a Megane Trophy aswell today they are nice motors.

Remap Tuning Available
Circa 200!! I am yet to hit the rollers but will in the next week or two.

I have just picked up my clio and driven 600 miles in what now feels like a completly different car. I have had high torque/fast road inlet and exhaust cams fitted with a full manifold match done and a complete re-map to make everything work. I cant get over the difference and just how much SMOOTER she pulls with such relentlessness (I feel like I am taking in off in 3rd!!!) rev limiter os now set to 7,800rpm.

This has all been done to compliment earlier work done that includes a 2.5 inch sports cat back stealth system, carbon maxogen induction, LEDA suspension, brembo disc upgrade with braided lines and some new rubber!!!

This complete package is down to the astounding work done by GDi (yes i've read the posts and heard the GOSSIP about this and that) and I did not even for a second, having actualy been to speak with GDi, have any reservations about having them do it. and boy oh boy am I glad I did do it.....those 600 miles were a lot of fun let me tell you!

So if your thinking about it then let me tell you...STOP THINKING and start saving to get it done!!!!

Glad to here your happy m8 :) ,, Please give me a ring when you get a min spare.

i never got the OK call after all was installed and running again. :(

Last edited:
  Remap Tuning Available
RR graphs are a load of nonsense. Been down that road and quickly realised these graphs are just for pub chat.

You've had the car done by the best performance tuners in the business. It's faster and much better.

I bet you are very happy with it.

Well said m8 ,, afterall you carnt drive a piece of paper :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
ohhh touchy!

hardly after the 20'000 threads bashing GDI, was more forewarning him before he has you three band wagon'eers trash talking his car and the work done.

and Ali... there's nothing good about GB... well, maybe apart from the ferry and plane routes out the place... i hate this country lol

There something we agree on!!!

John i'm going to church tomo to pray that your car makes it past newyear! ;) Nah i'm sure the work done on Danz's car will be good. Lessons learned and all that from stoddie's!

hardly after the 20'000 threads bashing GDI, was more forewarning him before he has you three band wagon'eers trash talking his car and the work done.

and Ali... there's nothing good about GB... well, maybe apart from the ferry and plane routes out the place... i hate this country lol

There something we agree on!!!

John i'm going to church tomo to pray that your car makes it past newyear! ;) Nah i'm sure the work done on Danz's car will be good. Lessons learned and all that from stoddie's!

LOL, well I'm only half English, but both halfs of me dislike this infernal s**t hole lol.

think the preyers are a bit premature, it's done about 10k now, any problems now I think it's safe to say will be down to Reno shitness and nothing Andy can have possibly done, but appreciate your concerns lol. Remember, I have been through all this before with my bottom end on WC and Stromba campaining against BenR's work blaming him, so I'm used to this... just for the record it was nothing of Ben's fault, just a case of s**t happens... oil pump went, bottom end died... still, got a 24k Willy engine and it fookin flew again.

Ben, what kind of manifold... you have my attention bud! lol
I have the pants 172 stainless effort on at the moment, what benefits would I see over this one? I hear the 182 fanimold will only give me about 5bhp, but that sounds like a pretty nice and easy gain for the costs?

PH1 Oddy, M140i
  PH1 Oddy, M140i
Thanks again BELLAUTOS..sorry about the call, but like I said it wasnt till after 11pm I picked her up to make my journey. Ill put a call into you ASAP.:star: