ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Clio sat nav

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Does anyone have made a 3d copy of 182 172 Satnav trims? I want to add an android device into my Clio and will look nice and more like oem inside dash satnav place.
Last year saw one on eBay...but was to expensive that time.
@Lordman

Thanks,
Radu

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone have made a 3d copy of 182 172 Satnav trims? I want to add an android device into my Clio and will look nice and more like oem inside dash satnav place.
Last year saw one on eBay...but was to expensive that time.
@Lordman

Thanks,
Radu
I'll be fitting a 7" raspberry pi touchscreen into my satnav unit but it will require modification to the lower dash first as there just is hardly any space in there.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
I'll be fitting a 7" raspberry pi touchscreen into my satnav unit but it will require modification to the lower dash first as there just is hardly any space in there.
I have the dash part from satnav, but interior trims are missing. Will look very strange to have nothing there beside an android device :) Also have an aux 3.5mm jack plug there to can use spotify.
Thanks for the tip!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I have the dash part from satnav, but interior trims are missing. Will look very strange to have nothing there beside an android device :) Also have an aux 3.5mm jack plug there to can use spotify.
Thanks for the tip!
What do you mean you have the dash part? They're just a standard top dash with a different centre section.
For a decent size screen the bottom bit needs chopping out.
20200625_153502.jpg

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
What do you mean you have the dash part? They're just a standard top dash with a different centre section.
For a decent size screen the bottom bit needs chopping out.View attachment 1490714
The center section from a satnav, I bought it last year from here. But the interior trims near the display are missing.

Clio 197
Have you had a look at a smaller screen mate? I bought a 7 inch one but it was way too big for the MK3 satnav housing. Bought a smaller one which is practically the same size as the factory one.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
The center section from a satnav, I bought it last year from here. But the interior trims near the display are missing.
Ahh, you mean the plastic housing that takes the OEM screen? Sits very far back if using it as a touchscreen.
Have you had a look at a smaller screen mate? I bought a 7 inch one but it was way too big for the MK3 satnav housing. Bought a smaller one which is practically the same size as the factory one.
I'm wanting to get it as big as possible really, but obviously dont want to make any changes that will stop it being put back to factory.
For a touchscreen it's really far back as oem.

RenaultSport 182FF
So.... I have had everything (including the buttons and back housing) 3D scanned.

I only need to get the trim that attaches to the ‘top part’ of the dash scanned.

Have you an idea on how much you would spend? I’m probably £400 in so far on modelling/3D scanning, so I need to have enough people interested, so that everyone can get it for a decent enough price.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
So.... I have had everything (including the buttons and back housing) 3D scanned.

I only need to get the trim that attaches to the ‘top part’ of the dash scanned.

Have you an idea on how much you would spend? I’m probably £400 in so far on modelling/3D scanning, so I need to have enough people interested, so that everyone can get it for a decent enough price.
Which trim do you mean?

That's some serious commitment! What's the plan?

RenaultSport 182FF
Which trim do you mean?

That's some serious commitment! What's the plan?
Upper Dash Trim/Housingall of the trim behind that which holds the screen together, including the panel and all of the buttons to go along with it.

Each and every part of the factory satnav has been scanned.

RenaultSport 182FF
I’ve done this on the MK3 but have no idea of how factory it would look on the MK3. What’s the diameter of the satnav screen?

Do you mean on the mk2?

its 5.8” If I remembered correctly, it’s quite an awkward screen size to find without spending serious money and that’s before you’ve even thought about touch screen options.

I took the 3D scans so that I could modify the original housing to accommodate a larger screen and then would have a fallback. It’s rather difficult I must say.

Clio 197
Do you mean on the mk2?

its 5.8” If I remembered correctly, it’s quite an awkward screen size to find without spending serious money and that’s before you’ve even thought about touch screen options.

I took the 3D scans so that I could modify the original housing to accommodate a larger screen and then would have a fallback. It’s rather difficult I must say.
Yes, meant to say MK2, doh! Have you had a look at smaller screens which have a larger bezel?

RenaultSport 182FF
Right chaps, so thought I better give you an update, I am still looking to get this done but covid is still playing havoc with the company that is doing the 3D designs. It looks like he’s juggling the business on his own, so it’s quite difficult to get an appointment with him.

Nevertheless I am still in contact with him and I’m looking to meet up with him toward the end of this month. @Radugns @197. @Louis

Clio sport 182
Right chaps, so thought I better give you an update, I am still looking to get this done but covid is still playing havoc with the company that is doing the 3D designs. It looks like he’s juggling the business on his own, so it’s quite difficult to get an appointment with him.

Nevertheless I am still in contact with him and I’m looking to meet up with him toward the end of this month. @Radugns @197. @Louis
Hi mate,
In the end was there any progress with this project?

RenaultSport 182FF
Hi @mariolo,

I’m really sorry, my 3D printing guy has totally gone off grid, athough I have some of the files I won’t be able to do anything with any of it until lockdown lifts. It’s always on my mind so I will try and get this resolved ASAP for all of you but it’s how long is a piece of string at the moment.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Hi @mariolo,

I’m really sorry, my 3D printing guy has totally gone off grid, athough I have some of the files I won’t be able to do anything with any of it until lockdown lifts. It’s always on my mind so I will try and get this resolved ASAP for all of you but it’s how long is a piece of string at the moment.
Did you ever do anything with this @Lordman? I'm pretty adept in CAD so happy to work with files, been on the hunt for a new dash trim to replicate myself recently.

Clio sport 182
Hello, I have an OEM SATNAV dashboard with holder, but I would like to retrofit my Clio to put an Android screen with some default apps (to monitoring values from OBD).

I have seen that the Podofo brand has a 6.25" screen, I´m thinking on install it with a launcher app, what do you think? Would it fit in 6.25"?