ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mk2 Clio V6 or Mk3 Clio 200

I would like..

• Total voters

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
i think you'd be surprised at the costs of running a vee...It's really not that much more. Tyres and fuel thats it! And my tyres are lasting well! About 10k now.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Hush. mines done more miles than 95% in the country, so thats simply not true!! It's kept looking the way it deserves!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Very difficult to choose, would depend if I planned to keep which-ever one for a long time tbh.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yep! :) It's driven hard, does track days, ring trips, CS runs! But also resprayed and maintained regardless of cost! The history is all there too! :) WIN!

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Wouldn't even look at a 200 now. Tracked my vee at Rockingham and it was faultless and felt myself get quicker and quicker as I found out how hard not to push it. I could have jumped straight in to a 200 and drove quicker but they take about 3 or 4 brain cells to drive quick. When you get out of a vee after a mad blast, you feel like you've actually got a bit of talent not to have turned it around. And to be fair, the only reason people spin them is because they drive them like a fwd hot hatch and not like a rear engined 911.
When I bought mine, the plan was to keep it a year and then get a TVR Cerbera. That soon went out the window as its now going nowhere. Love every moment im in it.

VaVa
V6. But not in either of those god awful colours.

The V6 has enough presence as it is, without painting it bright f**king yellow.

"Loook at meeeeee! I've got no taaaaaste"

172cup
After driving my mates 200 cup on Wed night i d buy a 200. it is simply astonishing how much grip it has round corners, i thought my 182 or old trophy could handle, but the 200 is in a different league. It is a true drivers car, lots of feel through the chassis and the car feels like it enjoys being pushed on.

No doubting the v6 is an awesome car, but I would say it is more of a posing tool.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
no question about it tbh, the v6! Do it!

I had the 197 from new, but still pined for the vee!

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
V6 but only because there hasnt been a replacement yet

cilo 200 will have a special edition in two weeks and then another 3 weeks later that just a different colour and some bling wheels etc

that still wont be dramaticly quicker than the 182's

RS200
i dont know why everyone is slating the 200 so much. its just because its new and no one knows what it can do yet.
No doubt the V6 is awesome but come on the 200 is the best handling hot hatch on the market for its price and in todays competitors such as VW, Ford, Seat, Mini etc its got to be worth somthing