ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mk2 Clio V6 or Mk3 Clio 200

I would like..

• Total voters
  Clio v6
Of course if you're not bothered about resale value, but you need a decent sized boot, then the 200 would make a nice modern funking looking wee runabout.

Clio III RS 200
My vote for 200. Those two cars are two different worlds; V6 is crazy, totally impractical for everyday use, demanding for drive, has a huge turning cycle, practically no boot and it is probably slower in regular traffic (narrow and or bumpy roads) and wet conditions than the 200 because of rwd combined with short wheel base and most of the weight in the back. However, it is incredible, has stunning appearance, thrilling to drive and will have the same value when you decide to sell it as when you buy it. It would be great second, third or fourth car, to be used for weekend fun, track days and show off. 200 is a very fast all rounder with a warranty and that’s the reason why I would take it as the first / only car instead of the v6.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Yeah but I am an ASW ;)
With retrospect I should have got you to shout ... "I'm the Queen of the World" :rasp:.
More-Ali-05.jpg

Better than yours. C*nt.
Let's just go through this:

Those two cars are two different worlds;

Yes, the V6 is actually a good looking car.

V6 is crazy,

If you want it to be, yeah!

totally impractical for everyday use,

Why? I could use mine every day and happily would if it wasn't for the fact that I get given a free car for the job.

demanding for drive,

Not really. It drives very much like a normal Clio - I sat in it on the M42 at 50mph in traffic listening to Scott Mills on the radio, just like everyone else on there. It's involving if you want to be, and civilised if you want to just relax.

has a huge turning cycle,

Can't argue with that, but TBH the only time I have a problem with it is my drive.

practically no boot

I take a laptop to work. Not 6 children and 3 labradors.

and it is probably slower in regular traffic (narrow and or bumpy roads)

I found my Vee easily as capable as the Trophy on bumpy roads - you've just got to be more careful. You still get understeer a little while before it kills you!

and wet conditions

In the wet, any RWD can jump out and get you. It's not as bad as you think, and TBH I had to be a c**k and jump on it hard to get the back wheels to light up in the wet...

Clio III RS 200
^ It's great you like your V6 - I gave my argumentation why I wouldn't buy it vs. a 200 - I don't claim that it's the exact truth valid for everyone ;) Topic starter will decide in the end what's right for him:cool:

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Predictably those that own 200's will suggest them, those that own V6's will do likewise :lol:

Megane 225
gotta be a v6! ive had the pleasure of driving a ph1 vee a few years ago ( only for a short while, was a customers car) and even though i only drove a short distance i loved it. found it fun even at low speeds.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
By the way the V6 is easier to drive then the 172/182/200 etc! Can pull away in 2nd everywhere. Miles more torque.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
gearbox in the vee is awesome, short, direct. Start in 2nd, 4th to 6th all at 30-35mph!

Fabia VRS & Yeti
I would love a V, there is one not far from me and I drive by it sometimes just to perv!
It's always on the drive as I suspect it's a weekend toy. The only thing that put me off was running costs/parts although thinking back I wish I'd brought one instead of owning the 182 and a bike. Wouldn't of been any worse off financially anyway!

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
It would if you wanted faster around a circuit, warranty, rear seats, a boot, better economy and cheaper insurance ;)

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Horses for courses, I love the V6 but it would not be my choice if buying a RWD sports car, it's still a Cliio at the end of the day :(

I'd go for S2000 (already owned one for 2 years), 350Z etc and get something designed as a sports car from the ground up, rather than a shopping hatch converted :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It would if you wanted faster around a circuit, warranty, rear seats, a boot, better economy and cheaper insurance ;)

Depends on driver. At the likes the spa i would seriously doubt a 200 would be quicker. (Proven at the RS trackday there)

Economy...On Motorway the 197/200 is pretty chronic is it not?

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I just got 35 mpg over 2 tanks fulls at an average speed of 76mph (way down to south of France) motorway all the route ;)

Although I know the 197 is less economical.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Buy a Caterham

Buy a Hyundai

Buy a Zafira

Buy an A6 Estate

Buy a Clio 1.5 Diesel

Buy a 1.0 3-cylinder Corsa

Other than that, sound advice! :D

I don't recall any of those alternatives being poll options.... Other than that sound advice :rasp: