ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mk2 Clio V6 or Mk3 Clio 200

I would like..

• Total voters
Purely hypothetical question, but which would you have?

Mk2 V6 (Acid/Liquid)

v

Mk3 200 (Alien/Glacier)

I'm still trying to decide (since I thought of this topic about 20mins ago) the 200 would be brand new. Nobody else farting on your nice new seats. Warranty to sort anything that goes wrong. But then there's just something about the V6. Maybe that's because I'm an ASW. Who knows.

So which would you have? Any colour/cup combo or whatever but no "I wouldn't. I'd spend £4k on a 172 and £10k making it have 180bhp" as those answers are stoooopid!!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Which is a 'better' car...the 200.

Which is a 'BETTER' car...The V6!

lol. Go figure.

It's A Reno
The V for sure, inspite of the fact that V owners themselves say it aint so hot on the road and is mainly for extending you mate downstairs.
IMO, Renos have got less good looking since the mk2 and it started around around January 2004. :rasp:

If anyone wants me I'm outside in the Anderson shelter. :D

A4 Avant
200 for me.

Like the V6 but it'd have to be a 255 and I don't think i'd find a mint one for the same cost as 200.

Plus I love having a car no one else has owned.

The vee. At the end of the day it won't depreciate that much, where as I guess that the 200 will be hit hard.

Clio v6
As you are one of the CS billionaires, I don't suppose holding value is important to you. Your admission of wanting yourself or the car to be noticed strikes me as being the winning factor here.

Go for the v6, just in case some or all of the above isn't 100% factual. ;)

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Get a V6 run it for a year then get an Alien Green 200 for 11k next year!
Problem solved ;)

Mini Cooper S sport
V6, even if it's only for a year, just to own one. Then get the 200, or whatever version is around then.

EDIT: I didn't even read what Chris said above before I posted! Great minds etc

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
172/182/197/200s are fun for a year or two. Vees are for life! Never had a car for 4 years ever, and no plans to change mine!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
vee for me! 200 is faster on a track and stuff but on a road the vee handles well and its fast enough for me at the moment!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Vee won't be much if at all slower on track!! The 200 will be easier to drive fast...But your talkin tenths!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Vee won't be much if at all slower on track!! The 200 will be easier to drive fast...But your talkin tenths!

thats what i meant :eek: having said that i've never once felt the vee has let me down in the corners and it coped well with a matlock blast with a few off here apart from being a bit wide!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Me personally, I'd want the 200 as I do a few track days. f**k taking a Vee!!

BUT a V6 is on my list of the next 4 cars to have, hopefully before xmas :D

R26r R26
I'm suprised you have to ask really Dan as you normally have an answer for everything ;)

V6 gets my vote.

If I seriously had the money for the initial outlay, probably a Vee for a year then sell up and get a 197 Cup or something.

Not sure if I could afford to run the Vee long-term, but I'm also guessing I wouldn't want to give it up after a year either.