ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 PH1 Engine Problem

07 Campus Sport 1.2
It hasnt done it at all this morning but for the past few days my 1999 MK2 PH1 1.4 RT has been having issues. It will struggle to start, a bit like its got no petrol, and when it does eventually start (usually involving me pumping the throttle with the clutch down) it will cut out the second i pull the clutch up to move off. Once i do get going its idle revs are about 1500 to 2000 whereas normally it sits at around 900, if that. It sounds very gurgly/chuggy but i have no idea what it could be. It's also jumpy through the gears, particularly changing up into 2nd and 3rd, and the throttle isnt very responsive, ie put my foot down in 2nd, it jumps, does nothing for a split second, and then i get a normal response. Someone suggested the coil pack or sparks, and others have suggested the injectors or fuel pump/filter. Any ideas anyone?