ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Ph2 Blue Clio

1.4 16v mk2 clio
Had my Blue MK2 PH2 clio for about 2 years now thought id start playing with it now ive paid it all off.

Ordered new rear facelift bumper today and having it colour coded and the mouldings all flattened so there dead smooth, fitted 182 upper grill today and gave it a good clean.

Tommorrow ill be painting my front, rear and wheel diamonds black along with the clio badge on the rear and painting the bullets white with black letters, to match the white alloys ill be powder coating in the near future.

Gona hammerite by drums and calipers black, fit a Pipercross Viper kit with black painted inlet, some clean bosch wipers, possibly black vinyl roof (un decided yet) and some small white detailing on the inside, gear knob insert and dashboard mouldings.

195/45/15 tires to go on white powdercoated standard dynamic 15s and to finish off lowering 60mm on coilovers (When i get the funds)

what do you all reckon??

1.4 16v mk2 clio
Right guys. Been pretty busy this month, hope to get some photos up this week. Ill list the mods ive managed to do so far.

Removed all stickers in windows and on body work
fitted new rear facelift bumper and had rear mouldings smoothed and colour coded
fitted new front RS grill
painted front and rear diamonds black
painted rear clio badge black
painted interior dashboard trims and gear knob insert white
currently painting bullets white with black lettering
currently painting wheel diamonds black also
cleaned engine bay
new renault tax disc holder
bosch aerotwin front wipers
new set of car mats
clean number plates (no borders or GB on the new plates)

ive run out of cash this month but the clios booked in at the end of jan to:
get the roof and spoiler vinyl wrapped in black and
the front bumper mouldings all smoothed

1.4 16v mk2 clio
Right, thought it was about time id add up some pictures. been pretty busy. Ill relist the mods as some of them have changed etc so you know exactly whats been done up to this date. Gave her a clean today and because the weather was good decided to take some pictures.

Removed all stickers in windows and on body work
fitted new rear facelift bumper
rear mouldings colour coded
front mouldings colour coded
painted front and rear diamonds black
painted rear clio badge black
smoothed bullets white
currently painting wheel diamonds black
bosch aerotwin front wipers
clean number plates (front still to be fitted)
fitted new front RS grill
SI Tow eye
clio sport url sticker on bonnet
cleaned engine bay
bee sting aerial

painted interior dashboard trims white
painted gear knob insert white
new renault tax disc holder
new set of tailored car mats

Ordered a skoda spliiter today so will fit that with the front plate in the week and also getting the roof and spoiler vinyl wrapped in black next week
also got her booked in to be valleted inside as the seats are a state

Car6.jpg

1.4 16v mk2 clio
I think it is :s got a lot more to do in the next few months. Getting wheels powder coated, can't decide White or black, new tires, got black vinyl roof and spoiler booked in, induction kit maybe, side skirts, and finally 60mm drop on coillies. Should look clean I reckon

1.4 16v mk2 clio
Your a legend been trying to find a picture of the finished car for ages, love the non sports. Colour coding and clean is the way forward for me I think. How much you lowered? You on 15s?

1.4 16v mk2 clio
Thought they looked bigger, I'm getting vmaxx coil overs, gona lower it 60mm ish hopefully. What tires did you run on the 15's? Did you have spacers? Any rubbing or problems once lowered 60mm or was it still practical?

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Didnt have any rubbing what so ever on the springs even with 4 people in the car, coilovers may be slightly different not too sure was still perfectly practical though, just the odd speedbump etc had to be carefully approached

Tires were the standard ones not too sure on the size tbh I did have spacers at one point but they lasted a day and thats the damaged car pics further down so a word of advice dont touch delta mic spacers do it properly or not at all, I found out the hard way!

1.4 16v mk2 clio
painting the bullets gloss black tomorrow to match the diamonds. gona leave the roof and spoiler for now wait till she is lowered before i decide. reckon the bullets will look better black, also ordered viper kit today

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
looks good, i'd leave the roof and spoiler. Look good as it is. How much did you pay for the colour coding if you dont mind me asking?

1.4 16v mk2 clio
A paint shop near me painted the whole rear bumper, including mouldings, front mouldings and side strips for £220, not bad. Im gona leave the roof and spoiler and the powdecoated wheels. It looks good as it is i think it will complicate things. a guy showed me his blue clio lowered with skirts and it looks sick. so im gona leave the alloys silver i think, black calipers and drums and re paint the bullets black and im there. ready for lowering and coillies

1.4 16v mk2 clio
Fitted my front plate today and sent back my skoda splitter as I didn't like it :( repainted my side bullets black and I bought a viper kit. Should look and sound sweet. Gona feed the caf to the upper grill, once it's done I'll update with some pics

1.4 16v mk2 clio
Recieved my membership pack through the post today so stuck my clio sport sticker in the rear window and fitted the clio sport tax disc holder, clipped on my freshly painted black bullets. looking much better

1.4 16v mk2 clio
Fitted my viper kit and CAF the other night, very pleased with it. cant seem to notice a decrease in performance, seems better in my point of view, sounds nice too

1.4 16v mk2 clio
A couple more photos, finished painting the calipers and drums today, so took a few pics (shes dirty though, needs a good clean)

Mods since last photos:
Cliosport rear window sticker
Cliosport tax disc holder
had all interior steam cleaned
fitted new front plate
pipercross viper kit and CAF
painted jacking points with black hammerite
painted calipers and drums black
repainted bullets black

IMG_1141.jpg
[/IMG]

1.4 16v mk2 clio
just inquired about getting her lowered, phoned a company called elite in essex. On standard 15" dynamiques running 195/50/15 tires they have offered me a decent coilover set worth £400 which will allow 75mm drop on the front and 60mm drop on the rear, all fitted in a day with the cars geometry set up, all wheels balanced and tracked all gurantee included total price £650. be getting that done in a few months for sure then shes finished. Anyone think i should add a set of non sport sideskirts to the car or leave it? i cant decide

1.4 16v mk2 clio
Coloured diamonds new technique!!
Hi all, I'm a model maker by trade and have access to alot of machinery. I've painted my front and rear diamonds black along with bullets and other such bits, you all know. It came to Painting my wheel diamonds and I basically couldn't be bothered to sand the chrome and key them up as I thought the paint is Gona chip so easy so I've been trying to find a more durable method of colour coding wheel diamonds and it will work with anything pretty much, Dash strips bullets etc.

I have a vac former at work which is a machine that heats up and shrink wraps plastic around an object. I placed the wheel diamonds into the former and stretched 1mm black plastic around the diamonds and they look superb took 5 mins per diamond and basically the end result is a diamond coated in hard plastic so the colour is more durable and it won't chip off etc.

I think they look superb, you can also pretty much do any colour

e25cbab5.jpg

Monaco
I have a vac former at work which is a machine that heats up and shrink wraps plastic around an object. I placed the wheel diamonds into the former and stretched 1mm black plastic around the diamonds and they look superb took 5 mins per diamond and basically the end result is a diamond coated in hard plastic so the colour is more durable and it won't chip off etc.

Awesome Idea, any chance of you doing some bullets? just to see how detailed it can go? I'd image you'd need 0.5mm (or less) thickness acrylic

Also to see that diamond fitted would be nice?

1.4 16v mk2 clio
Gona fit the diamonds tonight and I'll upload a picture for ya. To do bullets I'd use 0.8mm or 1mm because there's quite alot of stretch for the plastic to reach the depth of the bullet. Would still look great though. I don't have a set of bullets to try though?

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Would you be able to do my wheel diamonds if I sent them to you?

If so how much?
Liam

1.4 16v mk2 clio
ATM I would only be able to do them in a Matt black or Matt White. It would probably be £15 mate ( can't say yes for Definate yet though)

Given me some nice ideas for mine mate, which as you can see, is basically the same car! Always wondered what an RS grill would look like, definitely want one now.
extreme4.JPG

1.4 16v mk2 clio
Just fitted my fresh black diamonds, looking good. Also another picture of the calipers

b0618286.jpg

f0bc0e04.jpg

08fe1458.jpg

1.4 16v mk2 clio
anyone know if 15" 7j turbines are a straight swap? tires are 195/45/15s and i kno wthe bore is correct

1.4 16v mk2 clio
just won these bad boys on ebay for £132.00, gona see what the paint job is like and maybe refurb. need to decide on a colour
Picture1.png

Picture8.png

Picture7.png

1.4 16v mk2 clio
Got my new alloys today, need a refurb, Gona look sick once done, Gona go for the same color scheme but polish the rim and spokes up. Gona fit them today to see how they look then I'll get some pics up. Probably take them off Sunday to get them powdercoated and re fit them once lowered on collies

322ba545.jpg

27d3b4f9.jpg

1.4 16v mk2 clio
Got my new alloys today, need a refurb, Gona look sick once done, Gona go for the same color scheme but polish the rim and spokes up. Gona fit them today to see how they look then I'll get some pics up. Probably take them off Sunday to get them powdercoated and re fit them once lowered on collies

322ba545.jpg

27d3b4f9.jpg