ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 to mk1 parts swapping questions

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Sorry if in wrong section )

As above. I have a 172 widetrack conversion kit here, with the Intention of refitting it back to my dci, although now I've lost all love for it , getting rather board of fixing random parts and a recent engine build has finally made me deside I want something older ( still diesel ) and less electrical shite!

Hence where this is going....

i have a 1.9dti engine and box from a mk2 ph1 sitting here with loom/ecu/and other bits.
I know the box is a jc5 so that's half the battle.

Plus its it's a dti engine from a ph1 mk2 so should fit perfect in a mk1 bay.

I'm thinking a mk1 with a dti engine , little bit fettled with and a whole lot more reliable.
Dont get me wrong , now the dci Is fixed, it's running fine. ( after chucking money at it like you do a first car )

so what can I take from a mk2 and simply bolt onto a mk1?

And how would I do the speedo on a mk1 with the mk2 jc5 ?

Thanks
raz

Two types of jc5 gearboxes,
one with a speedo hole, one with it blanked off.

just get the speedo version and you're laughing :)

Any box off a ph1 diesel should be speedo,
and should fit without being jc5!

not sure when the dti engine's came out(not up on diesels)

Last edited:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I know my dti engine has a ph1 jc5 box.
Hole in the top but unsure if that's the hole for the speedo gear.

( hopefully the mk1 clocks will be near bang on calibration for speed indication)

Its wether the rest of the parts I have fit, ie 172 front suspension set up. Mk1 subframe looks slightly different ?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
the 172 stuff bolts to the mk1 subframe, but you'll need valver wings if you go that route to accommodate the widetrack. the ARB may or may not fit depending on exhaust routing. if it doesn't you need a Williams one

you'll also need fuel system/tank from a mk1 diesel as its all different iirc to the petrol versions

as mentioned, an earlier jc5 with speedo fixes that issue and the engine mounts all bolt straight into mk1 shell. however the wiring is a bit of a pig, requires splicing and usually some sort of resistors for the rev counter.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I might not even run an ecu, the pump is the old style chip controlled version, which can be swapped out for a 306 TD Bosch pump.
Then if I want revs , I'd have to do it old school and convert the alternator signal for it.

so that leaves , pump stop switch / glow plugs and other silly little sensors , which I can use the existing ones.

I will make it looks like a valver eventually ( ph1 square lights )

as for the tank and that, I think from looking at it, the lift pump is good enough, or I'll take the pump out and have it suction feed drawn through by the pump on the engine.

Thats the easy bits.

So the mk2 frame and ARB won't fit direct to a mk1 ? Like you said I have to use the mk1 frame ( assuming this is because of the rad mounting points on the frame )

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
the mk1 frame is completely different, the mk2's have turrets from the front cross member that mean the frame is 'flat' the mk1 frame curves up at the front to meet the cross member directly

this can also cause clearance issues on engine aux systems so be aware of that too

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
the mk1 frame is completely different, the mk2's have turrets from the front cross member that mean the frame is 'flat' the mk1 frame curves up at the front to meet the cross member directly

this can also cause clearance issues on engine aux systems so be aware of that too

i'll go through it methodically,not planning on shoving the engine in and off I go lol.

Im sorry what.
You want a derv mk2 engine in a mark 1.

You crazy?

yes :rasp:, 200bhp heaps of torque ? now that's crazy. I have a dti engine sitting here doing feck all so might aswell put it to use.

One of my mates has done it a couple of times but iirc it was meg engines he used. I'm 99% sure it'll be the same engines

depends which DT engine. the one I have is from a mk2 ph1 1.9 DTi ( electronic fuel pump )

which is also in the others. F9Q DTi not DCI

the older ones are F8Q IDI , and rear as rocking horse shite to get hold of.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
As above, you can use the struts/shafts/box/brakes/wishbones all very easily, but the subframe mounts totally differently at the front so is a no-go.

cant think why you want a derv mk1, they are rubbish cars on the road compared to a mk2!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I hate how much electrical crap is on my mk2.
And the fact I like the more retro type square body.

So hardly any electrics + one near mechanical controlled derv will do me nicely as a project :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Got some valver wings just need paint FOC ;)

Collected
I'llkeep you in mind, found a lad stripping his valves rep down to put the engine and a few other parts into his resprayed valves shell.

hopefully get his rep she'll off him with the valves bits still on it

* VALVER. f**king iPad!