ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3 Audio Upgrade - Missing anything?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I’m hoping there are some members a little more familiar with car audio enhancements than I am.

I have spent quite a while reading and learning as much as I can, and think I’m ready to purchase. If anyone in the know is able to comment whether or not I have everything I need (and that it will all work!) I’d be grateful.

Car is a MK3 200, 2011.

0B3F7466-40A6-4244-B35C-CCBE839E7C66.png

Headunit:

Front speakers:

Rear speakers:

Connects2 (to keep steering controls):

Headunit has three outputs, so I have the potential to add a Sub at a later date. It’s also limited to 50w output for the speakers (and the speakers are circa 200w output) so again scope to add an amp at some point. (Amps and subs are far beyond my abilities right now!)

Ready to go?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
focal do a lovely little amp called an Impulse 4.320.
Only change if make would be to have an Alpine headunit as I’ve always found them to be the best in terms of use and quality. But that’s personal preference and nothing more.

If you can, add some sound deadening to your doors when you add he speakers, you’ll notice a vast improvement in audio quality.

Best of luck. 🙂

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
focal do a lovely little amp called an Impulse 4.320.
Only change if make would be to have an Alpine headunit as I’ve always found them to be the best in terms of use and quality. But that’s personal preference and nothing more.

If you can, add some sound deadening to your doors when you add he speakers, you’ll notice a vast improvement in audio quality.

Best of luck. 🙂

Cheers. I’ll be adding a bit of deadening for sure.

Will bookmark the amp for future reference.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Knocks out 320w RMS and is small enough to lose almost anywhere in the vehicle. Mine sits in the back of the glovebox at the mo. View attachment 1548226View attachment 1548227

Still haven’t pulled the trigger on the speakers. Come to the realisation I have no idea what to do beyond a straight swap for what is already there.

for the amp, I assume it goes:

HU -> AMP -> Speakers

Will this all be clear and easy to figure out? Or am I better just outsourcing and paying a firm to sort it?

Travis

ClioSport Club Member
Replacing the HU and Speakers should be simple enough, mostly plug and play, just make sure you have the patch lead in the right configuration.
I don't find Amps to be worth it as you often have to spend ridiculous amounts of money to make any major difference to what you could get by just getting a better set of lower watt speakers and potentially a small subwoofer for the same price as an amplifier.
Also don't forget to get a DAB aerial and possibly extension cables for it if you haven't already or you will be missing the DAB bit! Either a simple one that you can just stick on the window or a full replacement for the standard aerial if you wanted a cleaner look but they tend to cost a bit more.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Still haven’t pulled the trigger on the speakers. Come to the realisation I have no idea what to do beyond a straight swap for what is already there.

for the amp, I assume it goes:

HU -> AMP -> Speakers

Will this all be clear and easy to figure out? Or am I better just outsourcing and paying a firm to sort it?

Its all very well documented in the instructions and even then its very very intuitive to fit.
More than happy to talk you through if need be.

Renault Clio RS 200
I’m hoping there are some members a little more familiar with car audio enhancements than I am.

I have spent quite a while reading and learning as much as I can, and think I’m ready to purchase. If anyone in the know is able to comment whether or not I have everything I need (and that it will all work!) I’d be grateful.

Car is a MK3 200, 2011.

View attachment 1548203

Headunit:

Front speakers:

Rear speakers:

Connects2 (to keep steering controls):

Headunit has three outputs, so I have the potential to add a Sub at a later date. It’s also limited to 50w output for the speakers (and the speakers are circa 200w output) so again scope to add an amp at some point. (Amps and subs are far beyond my abilities right now!)

Ready to go?
Hi mate just wanted to ask a quick question, whats the difference between the front and rear speakers above apart from one includes the tweeters? Asking as my car does not seem to have tweeters installed. It currently has blanks fitted where the tweeters could be fitted.

Look forward to your reply