ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3 Owners!!!

320d
How do you find them on a day to day basis, especially interested i people who have previously owned a mk 2, i'm on about non sport realy but 197 owners feel free to comment.

I test drove a dci 86 and TCE the other day and liked them, especially the TCE.

My question is can you see yourself keeping the car 3 years because thats what i'd have to commit to.

A positive is they look very good lowered and with a nice set of alloys, also remaps available for TCE and dci engines so there is scope to keep me interested.

Thanks lads.

SLK250 CDI
Had mine 8 months now, not very quick but love the 6-speed box, cruises comfortably and a nice ride over bumps with the soft suspension.

If it keeps up the reliability I'll keep it for a long time into the future for daily use and just get a second car for weekends.

i thought id keep my dci86 but ive lost interest its a nice car but its not a fun car its to heavy an your never going to get the fun factor due to the poer steering idealy im ment to keep this one as we worked out i will only be able to afford one new car :( but who knows ;) im racking up the overtime an my fokes will need to replace their clio so i may be able to change
it ive only got 2years left :D paying it off

if you want a fun car look at the twingo gt or even the rs

are you looking at a new one or neary new

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Seats on anything other than 197 are useless. May aswell be sat on a crate, steering is too light.

Other than that, I loved all the ones I had.

Seats on anything other than 197 are useless. May aswell be sat on a crate, steering is too light.

i find the seats ok but granted they were not as good as surport on the edges as the mk2 dynamique

Cupra 300 ST 4drive

Agree with seats and steering and it handles like a turd but by f--k does it shift on the m/way.

Scirocco GT 2.0
The sport seats in the Dynamique S are very comfortable and supportive imo!

I picked mine up yesterday and so far so good :D love it

How you finding the dci 86 mate, test drove one today ad enjoyed it, the TCE i also test drove had more character though, i got 34mpg out of the dci and 23 out of the TCE , the saleswoman was great let me drive it as if it where my own

im getting 56mpg in town with good mix of a/c on an off its got some poke imo an their are times it seems slow but ive never driven anything fast i agree the handleing isnt great

320d

What engine did you go for mate?, as daydotz says the dci 86 is a little dull not great fun, the TCE was a good drive, altho the dci 86 was just as comfy etc but not faster than my 1.2 16v the figures say its 2mph and 0.3 seconds faster, altho more economical and torquey

What engine did you go for mate?, as daydotz says the dci 86 is a little dull not great fun, the TCE was a good drive, altho the dci 86 was just as comfy etc but not faster than my 1.2 16v the figures say its 2mph and 0.3 seconds faster, altho more economical and torquey

i think that sums me up :eek:

its a 1.4 i heard you need to work it to get it to move unless you buy an 2nd hand one you wont get the 1.4 it was replaced with the tce

Last edited:
  Cupra 300 ST 4drive
My neighbours wife has a clio 1.2tce, he reckons its gutless and shes only doing 28-30mpg round town driving.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Agree with seats and steering and it handles like a turd but by f--k does it shift on the m/way.

I think 4th and 5th in the 2.0 dyn-s is better geared than the 197!

Couldn't comment on 6th as i never got that far.

320d
well i got 23mpg on the test drive in the TCE but i tested its performance properly and it only had 5miles on it, i hit the limiter by the time it had 6 :eek: well it seemed a lot nippyer than my mk 2 1.2 16v, the mk3 is just so fat tho :dapprove:

Scirocco GT 2.0

Mines a 1.4, I cant really comment on the power yet because its still running in, but so far i'm impressed.

I have driven a 1.2 TCE aswell and if I was buying brand new I would def go for that!

Cupra 300 ST 4drive

I think 4th and 5th in the 2.0 dyn-s is better geared than the 197!

Couldn't comment on 6th as i never got that far.

I still laugh when i drive her car how hard it pulls from any speed in 6th, such long ratio for a small petrol car, it will cruise all day at 4k at a ton and still pull like a train from the ton.
s5032327qz0.jpg

Bob

Clio mk3 1.2 'Extreme'
I've had my clio for about 5 months now, it's a mk3 1.2 "extreme" .It's my first car so theres not much I can compare it to, performance wise, other than my driving instructors 1.6 TDCi zetec fiesta. I do miss the torque of the fiesta, and I agree that the steering feels a bit too light, but as a day to day car I find it very comfortable to drive. My MPG isn't great right now, since I only really use my car to get to work and back. It's only about 2 miles either way, but its all country lanes, I'm averaging 28MPG. My clio is a 3 door, I've not had a problem getting 4 people in it, or a couple bikes with the back seats down.

Clio Dynamic S 2.0VVT
We've got a 2.0 138 dyn S , had it 15 months and 18,000 miles, love it goes like stink

I've got the same car and really like it. What is amazing is the smoothness of the engine that Renault developed with Nissan.

The engine is made of aluminium unlike the iron block in the 197. It also has a timing chain instead of a timing belt but it is the twin balancer shafts that give you the smoothness

SLK250 CDI

:rolleyes: Seats in mine are the best I've ever sat in. Hate driving other cars now because I just can't get comfy.

Slow red one
every time i see the mk3 i seem to like them more and more. im going to test drive one on saturday tho to see whats it's like.... hopefully i will like it because once they are lowered and changed alloys they look really nice. these comments all seem good tho:)

Clive the Clio no. 2
i purchased the mk3 "extreme" 2 months ago, and i changed from my mums 1.4 16v dynamique, and i have noticed a few things,

because the mk3 is soooo heavy, the little 1.2 engine has to struggle to pull it all, also the steering is a lot lighter, the clutch is non existent, compared to the hydroulic mk2 clutch, and the brakes, they are either on or off, no medium, you put your foot on the brake and you nearly go through the windscreen.

the wheel arches on the mk3 are mahoosive also, so you need to lower it as soon as you get one,

the positives is that my mk3 does 44mpg compared to my mums 35mpg in the dynamique.

the mk3s are comfy smooth an quiet
ive got push button start an it still makes me grin :D

Last edited:
  Clio lll Dynamique SX TCE
i currently own a mk 3 sx and ive loved every moment with it. the clutch is light. the steering is light and responsive and the car has more than enough go for a 1.2 tce. i had a 197 for 3 months and then sold it as i coudlnt cope with all the gear changed aroudn town and also the amount of road noise that it produced. the engine was way to revvy and i coudlnt use the full protential unless i was on a track. the only thing that i dont like how much fuel the tce drinks. i get about 28 to 30 mpg and about 40 on the motorway, which is crap to say the least. the sx ive got is currently undergoing major surgury with engine and suspension work to really get that low vibe. will be posting pics when its done.

320d
if your only getting that mpg then you may aswell have the 197. i disagree with you not being able to use its full potential, get a 197 out of a b road then you can. Surely its got to be better than a 1.2 TCE, i test drove one and it was nothing special. All imo of course

Mégane RS
i get 40 mpg out of my 138, engines smooth and quick, seats are rubbish and it rides high off the gound