ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mmmmm, torque :)

Evo 5 RS
As some of you know I had my Phase 1 engine ripped out and replaced and checked over with a seemingly healthy lump by BTM Performance last year. The important parts are; Jenvey ITB 48/90 trumpets on 428 cat cams and ARP rod bolts.

Finally got round to getting it mapped at Tour De Force last week and was really impressed by the torque figure :) Pulls very well through low RPM!

Thanks to Fred/Sam at BTM and Matt and the boys at TDF

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I would love to see what the extra power is like keep getting a temptation for itb's.

Nice results there though mate. So jealous of this car lol.

220 Trophy
Good figures, Matt's a genius. We messed around with longer trumpets on mine so have a little more torque at 175ftlb - but less power at 202bhp because of not having the cams (yet!).

Trafic 140dci
Very good graph, very smooth, you've also got .1ftlb's more torque than me and as you know i'm running 421's, but your spread is so much smoother than mine, think it might be as you have 48mm Jenvey's as mine are only 45mm?

I'd be very happy with that graph :)

Will you be taking the rev limiter upto 7800? Matt didn't bother as it's stopped making power at 7400 similar to yours, but he mapped to 7800 so i could move it up if i wanted to which i do as i see it as when i change up a gear on track i'll be closer to that peak power and peak torque when i need it.

My graph if you want to compare willy sizes ;) :p

photo17.jpg

Evo 5 RS
Thanks for comments!

Lewis, think it just varies from engine to engine really! 428 really isn't a bad cam at all. Is yours the DTH K-Tec kit? I'll see how it goes with the limiter, I had it at 7,800 before and never really found I needed to rev there, time will tell especially on track. It's not a race car at the end of the day

Last edited:
  Trafic 140dci
Thanks for comments!

Lewis, think it just varies really! 428 really isn't a bad cam at all. Is yours the DTH K-Tec kit?
Totally agree, you've got some good results, i only ended up with the 421's by chance :eek: No mine are exactly the same as yours but they are only 45mm (i think Chrispy has the same as me)

the car looked top when i saw it at TDF.. a very very nice colour!!...

as for the noise, well.. it sounded bloody lovely even being driven onto the rollers, can only imagine it got better after the mad professor had his laptop plugged in...

cracking result!!!

53 Clio's & counting
Nothing I can say here really that wan't in my return text apart from you f**king b*****d lol look at that lovely chunk of torque!

I feel I must drive it...........

Evo 5 RS
Lol Finally yes, waiting to receive starter motor from Matt as it packed up literally the moment I got home. Then i'll be using it daily and plan to do Brands and Bedford before August. I'll let you have a go Sam if you promise to behave and give me some tuition ;).

Russ you know you get a drive!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Great results, mate! I am hoping for similar figures once I get the rest of the work sorted on mine; but now knowing I've got a sh*t engine in I honestly don't think I'll even approach that figure. Anyhows, great result and enjoy! :D

182 Turbo
Very good graph, very smooth, you've also got .1ftlb's more torque than me and as you know i'm running 421's, but your spread is so much smoother than mine, think it might be as you have 48mm Jenvey's as mine are only 45mm?

I'd be very happy with that graph :)

Will you be taking the rev limiter upto 7800? Matt didn't bother as it's stopped making power at 7400 similar to yours, but he mapped to 7800 so i could move it up if i wanted to which i do as i see it as when i change up a gear on track i'll be closer to that peak power and peak torque when i need it.

My graph if you want to compare willy sizes ;) :p

photo17.jpg
Girl powah!!!

222af5bc.jpg

Fck revving to 7,800rpm!!

53 Clio's & counting
Lol Finally yes, waiting to receive starter motor from Matt as it packed up literally the moment I got home. Then i'll be using it daily and plan to do Brands and Bedford before August. I'll let you have a go Sam if you promise to behave and give me some tuition ;).

Russ you know you get a drive!

/mademynight.com x :D