ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile Wheel Refub... Any Good?

PH1 V6
My 15" o.z F1`s badly need refurbing as whoever owned the car before me has curbed them up a treat! there is no major damage to any of the wheels, just curbing and slightly coroded surface etc.

I would ideally take the wheels off and take them to the company but i cant afford to have my car off the road for more than a day due to work.

Now the question i have is this.... i have been quoted £200 by Wicked Wheels to come and refurb them in a mobile van.

1. will a mobile van do as good of a job as taking them to the company directly?

2. do they have the equipment to ensure they can do a proper job?

They offer a 12 month guarantee with all work done. im only wondering as i know most people take them to the company rather than getting a mobile service. opinions please?

Thanks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I use a mobile guy to repair the wheels of my cars at work and his work is spot on.

Can do any finish what so ever. (Painted, polished etc)

All you need is a compressor and some paint and you're good to go! lol.

If they're just painting them don't bother, £200 is powdercoating money and paint won't last anywhere near as long.