ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modification Ideas?

CLIO 1.2 16v Extreme
Recently got a 1.2 16v Clio and i have been looking around at some of the common modifications that people do to their clios and i have came up with a list of the ones i have came across;

1. Tints
  2. Wind Deflector
  3. Induction kit
  4. 172 Body Kit & Grill & Washer Jets
  5. Color Code
  6. Sport Door Releases
  7. Door Sill Protectors
  8. 182 Rims
  9. Stuppy Airel
  10. Coilovers/springs
  11. Clear Repeaters

Anything I have missed or shouldn't do?

Also how complicated is fitting a 172 kit to it? and what tools etc are required?

Here is some pictures of her as she stands.

IMG_03201_zps9af204fb.jpg

IMG_0322_zps67082c35.jpg

IMG_0321_zpscdbe2219.jpg
IMG_0323_zps0dc51dc8.jpg

CLIO 1.2 16v Extreme
i would love to save for one but am in northern ireland and my insurance for a year is 3400 for a 1.2 and they wouldnt even quote me for a 172 that had less miles etc and was the same money when i was buying this. :( Hard times

CLIO 1.2 16v Extreme
I have yet to phone and get a quote for it, wish i lived else wear so i could spend my money on a faster car over insurance.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Leave it as it is really, you're already spending enough when you take insurance into consideration.

If you have to mod it then I'd say upgrade to 172 5 spoke alloys, colour code the plastics, RS grille and some lowering springs.

I wouldn't bother with engine mods, won't improve the performance.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
i would love to save for one but am in northern ireland and my insurance for a year is 3400 for a 1.2 and they wouldnt even quote me for a 172 that had less miles etc and was the same money when i was buying this. :( Hard times

Jeez thats a lot :-(

172 cup, Impreza P1
Can't imagine Phil Mitchell driving a 1.2clio even with a body kit. He's more suited to jags and range rovers. :p

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Maybe buy some 5 spoke 172 alloys and a sport grille like said above. I wouldn't bother with nothing else.

Stick a decent headunit in it and change door speakers. Done. Then save up for a 172/182

clio mk2 1.2 75hp
Well, you need to do N/A project. If we are talking about engine performance, then there is only one option how to get more WHP and stay away of increased insurance. if you have any ideas hot to increase combustion chamber size. something like shorter connecting roads and smaller pistons or some people use thicker head gasket, Or wider bore. But then we need more fuel and air to get in. So we need bigger injectors and maybe bigger common rail with higher pressure, and more powerful fuel primary pomp. but in that case u need get more air for that, so still u got to report for your insurance company about inlet manifold and exhaust modifications... that doesn't increase prise a lot. By the way you will need to remap ECU.
what I'am trying to say is that if all modes are in side of the engine, they can't do anything about that, until you didn't had really bad accident.
sorry about grammar. If I'm wrong, don't punch me badly :)
Regards,
EvilPanda

Hang on a minute...

Spend thousands on engine internals + bolt on a load of ancillaries from larger engines (I assume this is where you imagine you'd get injectors, fuel rail etc from) to get... a 1323cc engine producing a whopping 15 BHP more for all that expense/effort AND still void your insurance?

As above, remove everything from the list, don't crash, don't get any points/convictions etc then get a 172 when you have a few years NCB.

People forget that by the time you buy all the 172 bits and your insurer thinks you want to be in max power (exhaust, body kit, alloys, induction etc) it's cost you a huge amount of money that would go a long way towards the insurance for a 172 in a year or two once you've got some NCB.

If you absolutely must change bits & pieces (after all it's enjoyable and pleasing to make improvements) then there's a hell of a lot you can do for very little money. Colour coding all the plastics & a very subtle attempt at lowering will cost you less than a £100 and transform the car from "looking like every other 1.2" to looking more purposeful & different.

clio mk2 1.2 75hp
my point was that there is bad idea to do engine tuning for 1.2 engine :) in my case 182 for me cost 3500£ , but 197 1600£. so I don't know what to do. I'm 24 years old, from BRADFORD :/... :)