ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

modify cat

WRX Sti

Just ordered KTR manifold and downpipe 2day.They told me as its for a williams, if I wish 2 keep the cat in (prefered) I shall need to cut the flange joint on the cat and weld it back at a different angle.Has any one attempted this or is there a way round it without removeing the cat.Would an 1.8 16v cat solve the prob?

Chris.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

I have got mine in my bedroom now, it comes with all parts to connect to cat. Shouldnt be a problem.

the 1.8 16v cat is practically the same apart from the flanges are at a 45 degree angle. I highly recommend BBs decat tho, as this has a twisting end that will allow it to fit a Valver or a Willy and the power gains have been noticable (well for me anyway, prolly due to the cat being almost dead at the time...). decats should come with earplugs tho...

WRX Sti

^^^ Yeah its that 45 degree angle difference that may be the problem with joining the new downpipe to the williams cat,Ill hav to wait and see wot it looks like when it arrives!I know wot you mean about noisey decats!!

WRX Sti

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 27 April 2004

the 1.8 16v cat is practically the same apart from the flanges are at a 45 degree angle. I highly recommend BBs decat tho, as this has a twisting end that will allow it to fit a Valver or a Willy and the power gains have been noticable (well for me anyway, prolly due to the cat being almost dead at the time...). decats should come with earplugs tho...

Just ordered the BB decat,will fit at same time as manifold so hopeing for a pretty good increase.!!