ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Modifying" Wheel Arches - Major??

Hi,

Just got some Michellin Pilot Sports put on the back of my 172 - I've got 205-40-17 Turini's. Never had a problem beforehand but now I am getting scrubbing at the back. Will putting the Michellin's on the front of the car help or is there just as much chance of them rubbing than as if they were at the back?? Secondly, can't afford to dump these tyres or get new wheels at the moment so how hard is it to take a bit off the rear arch - or should I not go there at all!?!?!?!

Cheers,

Mike.

PS: Not sure what offset the wheels are but they never rubbed before except with a back full of people!??!

Last edited:
  Chocolate Bar™
tyres can have differently sized profiles - especially the shape of the sidewall. i would try them on the front as there is normally more room there and it solves your immediate problems. otherwise have a look at what its catching on and use your judgement over what it is and how much material would have to be removed. but for the sake of some tyres i would avoid this option unless its the last resort.

Yeah cheers, what i thought, after sleeping on it there's no way I'm going to carve my car up!! Will try them on the front, fingers crossed there will be more room as you say. Then just get some F1's on the rear!!!!!