ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco 172 Project Thread

172 Cup
After buying my 2nd clio 172 in Monaco Blue, which needs a bit of work doing on it to bring it up to my standards, i thought i'd attempt a project thread. I have a few plans for the car which will follow in due course.

So heres the car, 2002 registered, with 83k.

Clio172-2.jpg

First thing i did after seeing the results of another Carbon Vinyl wrapping i decided to do the front diamond

IMG00347-20110129-2229.jpg

After about an hour making templates etc i covered the diamond using 4 pieces of vinyl trying to line them up as best i could. Looks better on the car.

IMG00349-20110130-1018.jpg

IMG00348-20110130-1018.jpg

I then decided to do the dash inserts, my first attempt was a shambles as all i had were large scissors, so after buying a stanley blade the result was greatly improved.

IMG00371-20110202-2123.jpg

I also did the Gear knob and the insert on the steering wheel.

Then i thought why not try the bullets ad i had planned to do them in anthracite along with the alloys

IMG00365-20110202-2121.jpg

I was really impressed with the results and they look really good on the car.

Ill be re-doing the front diamond when i do the rear one shortly, as im sure ill get a better result using the Stanley blade.

Ill get some pictures of the Carbon wrapped Vinyl parts on the car as soon as im indoors and it is light (damn you work, with your long hours) so that'll more than likely be the weekend.

Thoughts / comments welcome.

172 Cup
Plans for the car

The baffles in the back box have gone and there is a slight blow in the exhaust, So first on my list is the same exhaust i had on my last one KTR Super Sports Recessed Exhaust

DSC00836.jpg

DSC00837.jpg

Depending on my work situation im considering KTRs ITB kit

Getting some decent springs any suggestions

Thumb Grips and Splitter from KTR

Refurb and spray the alloys in Anthracite/Orange, or get some Cup alloys if i can find some resonably priced.

Updates will follow, not sure how quickly but they will.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Rather than the ITB's have you thought about the JMS RS2.... Its cheaper and Power wise is almost the same as the ITBs and you get a nice Carbon Inlet ;)

172 Cup
Rather than the ITB's have you thought about the JMS RS2.... Its cheaper and Power wise is almost the same as the ITBs and you get a nice Carbon Inlet ;)

Interesting, ill be honest this is the first time i've heard of this package so i will have to do some research into it, i take it you have the JMS RS2?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Interesting, ill be honest this is the first time i've heard of this package so i will have to do some research into it, i take it you have the JMS RS2?

In the process of getting it!

Just waiting for a booking to have it fitted :)

Well worth looking into.

172 Cup
In the process of getting it!

Just waiting for a booking to have it fitted :)

Well worth looking into.

Interesting,

Just had a good read of that thread, and it does seem like great VFM and looks fantastic, i didn't see the results for the 172's however i gather they'd be a few HP down on the 182's. Ill be keeping an eye out to see what results you get, please keep me informed.

Thanks for the heads up on this kit much appreciated, ill be seriously considering this as apposed to the ITBs.

Ollie's Silver Cup
I was in a similar position; that of looking at throttle bodies and was pretty much at the point of ordering the parts.

However, I decided on the JMS RS2 also in the end! Fantastic product; cannot wait for mine to arrive. :)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Interesting,

Just had a good read of that thread, and it does seem like great VFM and looks fantastic, i didn't see the results for the 172's however i gather they'd be a few HP down on the 182's. Ill be keeping an eye out to see what results you get, please keep me informed.

Thanks for the heads up on this kit much appreciated, ill be seriously considering this as apposed to the ITBs.

Will do, Hopefully will be looking at the end of Feb, Early March all being well!