ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monitor to use with Early 2011 MacBook Pro

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I'd love the 27" Thunderbolt display but limited funds don't allow it, does anyone on here use an external monitor with their MacBook's? The screen size doesn't have to be huge and obviously the cheaper the better. I've seen this budget Samsung 21.5" one, any thoughts on it?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I've started picking up freelance work (Graphic Designer) so it's very hard coming from a lovely 27" at work to a tiny 13" at home. So will be used for the Creative Suite mainly, with general use too. That LG one looks nice, this BenQ one has had good reviews too.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I went for this BenQ one based on the reviews: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005OPLG0O/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Feedback is that for the price, the quality looks brilliant, works perfectly when hooked up to my MacBook Pro with a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable. Freelance work will be a hell of a lot easier now. Built in speakers are quite poor but never mind, overall I'm really happy with it.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Just got myself an AOC 29" Ultra-Wide to use with my MBP. Not the best out there, but managed to get it for £200 as b-stock from Overclockers, and it was the best compromise I could find. I had wanted a 27", but was put off when I saw 1920x1080 on a 27", was lacking sharpness for close up use, didn't want to pay the price of a 2560 at 27" (All £400 plus from reputable brands) so the 29" at 2560 should hopefully meet my needs. Arrives Wednesday.

If I'd have known about what Tom posted, I'd have probably bought one of those.