ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More ICE Questions!!!

Hi,

Couple of questions for you guys, Ive recently changed my speakers all round to infinty 552s and they sound great, however I now want to change my head unit. If I go for a Sony unit then I can use the readily available cable, although I lose the dash display which doesnt really bother me. My questions are a) Do Sony make a Unit capable of playing MP3s b) Is there anyway I can keep the Alpine CD Changer c) Can you get a "Surround" to put around the new unit so that it doesnt spoil the curves of the centre console. Any help on these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Morbius

You can buy the surround from Halfords (about £10) Sony do make MP3 units, but if you have an Alpine CD Changer it will only work with an Alpine HU, who coincidentally have just released an MP3 head unit...it will also work fine with the standard cable (or do you mean the remote control?? - if so you are limited to Sony/Kenwood, with the Sony being a much cheaper option)

Scott

you dont need a surround as the clio stereo is a standard DIN size, the sony mp3 player is £249.99, and if you want to use a alpine change it has to be a alpine H/U too! as for the remote lead if you use a sony you can keepboth the display and the control, if you go for another make- pioneer, blaupunkt, alpine and kenwood make leads for the control but they are expensive and very limited £40+
Cheers all
Justin

id stay away from sony mate. you will regret it in the long run. they are the nissan micra of car audio look at alpine/pioneer head units.

Id say Pioneer, too (Ive got the 6300R and I love it)... Although, in the latest Revs, the Sony MP3 headunit came out as the best, whereas the Pioneer didnt do too well.

At the end of the day, I guess its personal preference

Just to chuck my 10 pence in, I was recently looking at the Sony MP3 vs. the new Alpines (7893 or 7894 for a bit more) and went for the Alpine. Absolutely knocks the Sony in every aspect - sound, looks, build.

Bit fiddly to fit but looks the business and sounds great. Works with the steering remote perfectly with the additional adaptor as well.

Ill post some pics of how the 7894 looks in situ. Address to follow a bit later.