ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mossy's Cars

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Also a bit of an update on my cars.

I am down to only 4 cars now after selling the R26 and Silver 182 last weekend and the Storm Meglio a couple of months ago.

I really had to calm it down as my hobbie had become an obsession and all my spare time was messing with cars, so now it's more time for the family!

But I have promised to myself to get the GTTurbo project started again in the summer :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Alien the daily now then Paul? I didn't think you'd sell the Meg. You're definatly hooked on clios!

Yes mate Alien it is. Trophy will also be used more this year.

The meggy was an awesome car but I was always worried about keeping it mint.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
AG 200

Still loving this car and great to be able to drive it as a daily and enjoy it and not have to worry to much.

A couple of photos:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

And new plates on @Feirny
image.jpeg

And a few parts bought:
image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Looking great!
Are you going to fit an RS badge on the front grill?
Was the RS badge introduced on 2010 cars onwards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Looking good Paul. Will you be bringing this to csf or the v6 again?
Thanks mate - I might actually bring the Trophy this year.
Looks so much better with just a set of plates.
Thanks and couldn't agree more.
Fresh plain plates should always be the first mod!
Totally agree mate.
Looking great!
Are you going to fit an RS badge on the front grill?
Was the RS badge introduced on 2010 cars onwards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate and yes the RS badge was only fitted from 2010 onwards - this was paired with the new design RS rear badge also. The front RS badge doesn't actually fit on the pre 2010 clios as Renault re-designed the black part of the bumper.

Clio 182
Silver seat belts, bugger, where did you get them from? Mine are pretty horrible! They're looking good after a clean though. I've looked around some stuff in the garage door the plastic covers but no luck but I do have a couple more boxes to check but that'll have to wait until tomorrow night, sorry. Was great meeting you though.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Silver seat belts, bugger, where did you get them from? Mine are pretty horrible! They're looking good after a clean though. I've looked around some stuff in the garage door the plastic covers but no luck but I do have a couple more boxes to check but that'll have to wait until tomorrow night, sorry. Was great meeting you though.

I think the silver seat belts are fitted as standard to the later spec 200's but I could be wrong. I got them from a mint 200 full interior I bought a few years ago.
If you could have a check that would be great, thanks.
And likewise and looking forward to your 182 updates.

Our Meg will be off to a new home soon @mossyv6

Deposit taken from a French buyer.

Hopefully he'll be happy with it and off it goes to its birthplace!

Great car and glad I've owned one but time for something newer.

Love the alien green, such an awesome colour in the sun. ?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Our Meg will be off to a new home soon @mossyv6

Deposit taken from a French buyer.

Hopefully he'll be happy with it and off it goes to its birthplace!

Great car and glad I've owned one but time for something newer.

Love the alien green, such an awesome colour in the sun. ?

The Inferno going to France - nice one mate. It is a lovely car so glad it is going to be looked after :)

Yes Alien Green really does pop in the sunlight.

The Inferno going to France - nice one mate. It is a lovely car so glad it is going to be looked after :)

Yes Alien Green really does pop in the sunlight.

Yes it's been a brilliant car. That itch has been scratched.

Onto newer things.

Yeah the buyer seems really keen, I hope he loves it as much as I did the first time I saw it in the flesh. 2 years ago, time flies.

Now get that 5 done?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member

Onto newer things.

Yeah the buyer seems really keen, I hope he loves it as much as I did the first time I saw it in the flesh. 2 years ago, time flies.

Now get that 5 done?
2 years you've had the Meg? Wow that has gone quickly! It's done we'll considering Paul we going to rip its heart out for a meglio build. We're losing a lot of renaultsports back to the French these days though.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200

Onto newer things.

Now get that 5 done?
2 years you've had the Meg? Wow that has gone quickly! It's done we'll considering Paul we going to rip its heart out for a meglio build. We're losing a lot of renaultsports back to the French these days though.

Wow yes 2 years ago - indeed where does time go!!

Yes I have got to get the 5 done - I had actually thought about breaking it or selling as a unfinished project but I think I would regret it big time! Now I only have 4 cars I can hopefully find time this year :)

What's next @jamesycc ?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
AG200

The rear wiper and motor had been been de wipered at the rear which looks clean but bugged me as the rear window gets dirty very easily.

So:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Took 2 hours as previous owner had left the captive motor rivets still in place - tried drilling them out and gave up - so I just angled grinder the tops off allowing the internal rivets to fall through :)

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Wow yes 2 years ago - indeed where does time go!!

Yes I have got to get the 5 done - I had actually thought about breaking it or selling as a unfinished project but I think I would regret it big time! Now I only have 4 cars I can hopefully find time this year :)
Wash your mouth out and give me 100 hail Mary's. You would definatly regret letting it go. I wish I still had mine sat in the drive, just seeing it made me feel warm and fuzzy inside!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Wash your mouth out and give me 100 hail Mary's. You would definatly regret letting it go. I wish I still had mine sat in the drive, just seeing it made me feel warm and fuzzy inside!

Lol, I knew you may have said something like this ;) Don't worry it will be moved out of the garage soon so I can start on it again ;)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Sooooo long time no update ............

RB182

Still got all the cars but bought myself another RB 182 in May. Spotted in on EBAY at a local garage at a good price but needed a lot of work but was a good base project. Managed to get a full MOT on it and get the price reduced due to the dash board looking like a Christmas tree (5 lights in total).

Really went to town on this one over the past few months and did the following:

• Replacement mint silver dot 182 seats - had blue Megane F1 seats and 172 rear seats. Plugged these in and AIR BAG light went off :)
  • Replacement plastic trims - scratched and rubber peeling off.
  • Replacement non peeling heater control.
  • Replacement full mint carpet - no holes or ciggy burns.
  • Replacement rear parcel shelf - had 6 x 9's in it.
  • Standard mint Update Cabasse stereo.
  • Source and fit Isofix bar and cover.
  • Replacement non stained rear carpet.
  • Cleaned all seat belts.
  • Replacement gear knob and gaiter.
  • Snappy steering wheel.
  • New Renault floor mats.
  • Replacement non dented mint bonnet.
  • PDR'd the whole car.
  • Refurbed the 2118's in Anthracite and new decals applied.
  • Replacement front window door glass (both sides) due to wind deflectors scratching the glass tops.
  • New brakes and pads all around.
  • Exhaust removed cleaned, re-sealed with new solid exhaust mounts.
  • New front grill.
  • New pair of grey headlights.
  • Scuttle panels covers removed, cleaned and sprayed satin black.
  • Replacement complete arch liners.
  • Full under bonnet refresh with RB sprayed engine cover.
  • Ktec solid strut top mounts.
  • Powerflex main engine mount.
  • Powerflex purple dogbone mount.
  • New inner and outer track rod ends.
  • New bottom ball joints.
  • Tracking geometry.
  • Rear ABS sensor fitted to remove all 3 ABS lights.
  • Replacement lambda sensor to remove EML light.
  • Oil and filter service.
  • Cabin filter changed.
Still a few bits to do but it is nearly finished :)

IMG_0290.JPG

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Car shows and events we have been to this year:

12 June 2019 Renishaw Hall

IMG_0099.JPG

16 June 2019 Cromford

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG

30th June 2019 Doncaster Car Show

IMG_0263.JPG

14th July Clowne

IMG_0371.JPG

18th August 2019 Chesterfield Motor-Fest

IMG_0484.JPG

25th August Bawtry Motor-Fest (only stayed 1 hour)

IMG_0523.JPG

25th August 2019 Heath, Wakefield

IMG_0528.JPG

26th August 2019 Thoresby Hall

IMG_0536.JPG

I've just had a look through all these pages, you've had and still have some excellent cars, credit to you time and effort gone into these (and all tastefully done too).

Think I'm just down the road and wasnt aware of some of the shows you'd mentioned above, wondered how do you normally hear about them? My little lads is as obsessed as me now about cars so looking out for any local shows.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I've just had a look through all these pages, you've had and still have some excellent cars, credit to you time and effort gone into these (and all tastefully done too).

Think I'm just down the road and wasnt aware of some of the shows you'd mentioned above, wondered how do you normally hear about them? My little lads is as obsessed as me now about cars so looking out for any local shows.

Thanks for the kind words.

Where abouts are you?

Been going to most of these shows for years so kind of just google when they are back on but you do find that you get fliers for up and coming shows left on your car when at car shows.

Nice one, I'll try to be bit more proactive searching 👍🏻 I'm only in Sothall near Belfry pub. I've been to Doncaster show over the years but had not seen the others.

We have a Yorkshire section too? 😂 I'll have to subscribe

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Yes I know the Belfry very well as I only live in Killamarsh - use to spend many happy Sunday nights in there years ago :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
You'll have to start posting them in the Yorkshire section Paul! Newby Hall again on the 22nd this month👍.

Good idea Paul. Be good to have an events planner or something.

182 FF
Just read through your entire thread...really enjoyable,thanks for taking the time to document the journey with your cars, great attention to detail.
It seems to be the done thing to ask for first dibs on your cars ...... so RB for me please..
Cheers Paul.