ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motorsport Interior....help

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Right then folks,

have an issue with my mk1...

The absolutly mental propperly over the top rollcage fouls the MK1 dash...

pics...

447.jpg

448.jpg

449.jpg

450.jpg

451.jpg

452.jpg

454.jpg

Theres a you can see the bulkhead bar goes right though... what a massive clusterfuck..

im going to be running a race tech dash2.. but would like some sort of dashboard......
Saw a GRP dash on DMG motorsport for £125 or something... but wondered if anybody knew of a motorsport interior fabricator...?

Failing that anybody do we think the Mk2 dash would fit a mk1?

With some hacking up yeah, I gave up trying to fit the dash back in and ended up just fitting the top dash, which sat nicely on the bulkhead bar when screwed in at the windscreen. I then fastened it down to the bulkhead bar at either end and it was spot on for 2 years. I ran 172 Ph1 clocks (would work on any setup/engine) and relocated the fusebox behind the clocks, so everything was hidden

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Ace mate! Really helpful!

See youve made your own, steering column bracing too!

Thnk andyRG did a mk2 dash... but his pics dont work :(

Yup he did, looked pretty good. I may have a picture from a trackday he did with us once, il see if I can find it in the morning

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Some pics of andyrg's car (well mine now) in my thread mate complete with a dash2 I fitted just like you are after.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No mine doesnt have a bulkhead bar.
Really hard to tell from your photos exactly where your bar is TBH, at least if you had the door on and shut the wing mirror would be a good reference, but ultimately its going to be impossible to really know for sure until you try.