ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Moving gearshift rearward

182 arctic blue cup
Hi has anyone cut the transmission tunnel and moved the gearshift rearward and extended the gearshift rod under the car to suit? I want to put the shifter in reach when harnessed in and put a vertical hydraulic handbrake in front and next to the wheel.
Ta
Dave

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Have a look at @Tomotek thread.

Cheers @JamesBryan.. yeah take a look, I made my own custom setup to move it back [emoji1360]

65d2d59650aa14ebea7d7fcf693bb49c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Just slide your seat forward a notch

The way the shifter is as standard it's too far forward.

To get the right distance for your legs if you're tall, means the shifter will be too far in 1st, 3rd and 5th gears.

Moving seat forward means your knees would be up to the steering wheel 😂

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
The way the shifter is as standard it's too far forward.

To get the right distance for your legs if you're tall, means the shifter will be too far in 1st, 3rd and 5th gears.

Moving seat forward means your knees would be up to the steering wheel 😂

182 arctic blue cup
Thanks for that I think I'll go down the path of moving the standard shifter rearward and just extend the linkage underneath.
Tomotek you build looks absolutely great. Its like going down a rabbit hole reading through your build thread.
Ta
Dave

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for that I think I'll go down the path of moving the standard shifter rearward and just extend the linkage underneath.
Tomotek you build looks absolutely great. Its like going down a rabbit hole reading through your build thread.
Ta
Dave

Thanks Dave.. it was a long process, but glad we got there in the end!

I’d be careful with just moving the existing shifter too far backwards and just extending the linkage..

The further back you move the shifter the further the gear lever needs to move from side to side to give the same movement of the lever on the gearbox as you’ve increased the linkage length.. if that makes sense..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've thought about this as well, but I just used a Scenic shifter, and bend the shaft about 45 degrees. Now it is in the perfect position with my deep dish steering wheel, and my seat mounted as far back as possible. Check my build thread for pictures.

182 arctic blue cup
Thanks for that Scullyg40 that looks perfect in height and location. Now Ive just got to find a scenic shifter.
Ta
Dave