ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

RB Clio 182
Re: ArcticClio182...progress..

Thanks Dan :)

Awaiting my bottom grill then i can wash it and get some pics up :) I havnt washed it for a bout 2-3 weeks!

RB Clio 182

My bottom grill arrived today, all fitted and cleaned, im over the moon with the car now and im very happy indeed..

002_zps0da1e28f.jpg

005_zps9b27e9ee.jpg

A few pics after a clean..

New rear number plate bulb..

c9fc13ce-7702-4a40-8af3-352fd0bf531f_zps93e63e36.jpg

Brand new rs grills..

59f3865b-75c9-4793-9ce2-a7e3993acfe8_zps504da89e.jpg

0694cc84-0783-4f96-9b39-b0e5ae0cfc87_zpse96912fc.jpg

RB Clio 182

Looks good :)

Were the old grills broken? I just sprayed mine up and they came up as new.

No mate, i was sick of them chipping etc so i bought new ones, they do look good when you spray them but they chip easily :(

RB Clio 182

A small parcel arrived today.

Grill clips..

ea2ead1e-dc41-4c7a-877f-6a983a9aa604_zps38e105af.jpg

Before..

6e372d42-ee3f-4dad-835a-8e831bb91d21_zpsbdd2a7f4.jpg

After..

5f29d920-940c-404e-bd8e-5328464757b4_zps7ac6cbd9.jpg

Its the small things that make the difference :)

RB Clio 182

I have just pm'd Andyrg about the turbo conversions, i have asked him if he can fit me in before css.

Fingers crossed :race:

RB Clio 182

Look factory fresh!!

How many clips did you need? I only need one and don't want to order 10 from ebay..

I got ten mate for £1.99 delivered.

They are a tight fit, you have to push the outer bit in 1st without the screw, then shove the screw in afterwards.

Ill send you a couple through if you pay postage :)

Not sure how much it is?

Oh is that all they are lol!

Thanks for the offer mate. But probably worth just buying on eBay and having a load of spare lol.

Do you have the link easily to hand please?

RB Clio 182

I have just booked in with Andy at clioturbo.co.uk on the 4th of September for these few bits and bobs supplied and fitted :)

Adaptronic standalone
Cast manifold
Stainless steel down pipe
Intercooler kit
Custom intake and filter
Copper nut and stainless fittings
Billet oil return kit
Oil drain in block
Braided oil feed kit
Larger injectors
Fuel pressure and fuel return kit
Sump gasket
T28 hybrid turbo
Megane head gasket
Head bolts
Megane 225 pistons and rods
Helix paddle clutch
Link pipe
Mapping
Big end bearings
Timing belt kit
Aux belt kit
New 7 rated plugs

This should take the car somewhere in the region of 270-280bhp.

Im looking forward to next month :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Yyeeeassss. Lovely car which will be even more lovely with Boost. Top job. :)

I looked at Andy's prices earlier, wished I hadn't lol, as it seems great value for a fitted package. Are you getting a diff?

RB Clio 182
Yyeeeassss. Lovely car which will be even more lovely with Boost. Top job. :)

I looked at Andy's prices earlier, wished I hadn't lol, as it seems great value for a fitted package. Are you getting a diff?

Thanks cub :)

Im going to see how it drives when i get it back from having the work done and make my decision.

I think i will probably have to get one because i have had 240+ bhp hatches before without and it is a nightmare coming out of sharp corners :)

My corsa nurburgring had a diff and that pulled very nicely through the bends so i probably will invest in one in the near future.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I couldn't be without my Gripper win standard power, let alone 260-280bhp lol!

This is seriously tempting me away from a supercharger and towards Andy's stage 2 package.

RB Clio 182
I couldn't be without my Gripper win standard power, let alone 260-280bhp lol!

This is seriously tempting me away from a supercharger and towards Andy's stage 2 package.

Love your car mate, do the cams make much difference compared to standard power?

I will more than likely get a diff mate, i just wanted a bit more shove up the rear end because tbh these clios have a brilliant chassis as standard.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers bud. Mine no longer has the cams :( Sold them when I did the engine swap as I knew I was going boost / charged in the longer term :)

Hoping to head out in George182 at Llandow so I can see how these turbos run. I've been in Chips and it was bonkers fast.

RB Clio 182
Cheers bud. Mine no longer has the cams :( Sold them when I did the engine swap as I knew I was going boost / charged in the longer term :)

Hoping to head out in @George182 at Llandow so I can see how these turbos run. I've been in Chips and it was bonkers fast.

Lol, thats good to hear mate :) i seriously cant wait to get it done.

I think turbo/supercharger is the way forward if you are wanting power tho.

I have been umming and arring for months now and i am just glad i have decided to go ahead with it.

People that smoke can spend 3k plus in a year and i dont smoke, so i just think of it as my bit of enjoyment lol.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Lol, thats good to hear mate :) i seriously cant wait to get it done.

I think turbo/supercharger is the way forward if you are wanting power tho.

I have been umming and arring for months now and i am just glad i have decided to go ahead with it.

People that smoke can spend 3k plus in a year and i dont smoke, so i just think of it as my bit of enjoyment lol.

I like that theory. I don't smoke either. That is the excuse I'll use with the wife. Lol.

Of course you can mate!

Cheers bud, appreciated :)

RB Clio 182
I had another rainsport 3 tyre fitted yesterday after the front nearside one went pop for no apparent reason.

I also drop the car off with Andy@ clioturbo tomorrow for the turbo fitting, cant wait :D

I have decided to upgrade to a garrett turbo he now uses too for a little bit more coin.

Last edited:
  Ex 182 owner
Lovley Mr T,
Got a long term vision to visit AndyR. Its a couple of years away but i can plan everything in the mean time. Out of interest i am guessing your going stage 2 but with a stage 3 turbo? what was the conclusions on what the working differences are between the two.

Also do you need do you to uprate the fueling, apart from the injectors?

I know these are all questions for Andy but i dont like troubling people when i am this far away financial from being on his doorstep.

All the best.
chris

RB Clio 182
Lovley Mr T,
Got a long term vision to visit AndyR. Its a couple of years away but i can plan everything in the mean time. Out of interest i am guessing your going stage 2 but with a stage 3 turbo? what was the conclusions on what the working differences are between the two.

Also do you need do you to uprate the fueling, apart from the injectors?

I know these are all questions for Andy but i dont like troubling people when i am this far away financial from being on his doorstep.

All the best.
chris

Hi mate, yes i am having the medium boost kit 2 done, the turbo i have gone for isnt the high boost kit 3 turbo, thats the garret gt28 disco potato, mine is the gt2560.

I went for this turbo because Andy could do it for an extra £200 above the t28 turbo, the one i have gone for is a garret ball bearing turbo which will spool quicker etc.

You are best off contacting Andy mate, he is the man to speak to, im sure he wont mind answering any questions.

RB Clio 182
Small update, i have received an email off Andy today saying that the car is booked in for mapping on Tuesday and that if all goes well, i should hopefully have it back on Thursday, fingers crossed :)

haha I know that excited feeling you'll be having right now Tom :tonguewink: Andy's done the build and Chris will do the mapping! Can only be awesome :up: You'll be very surprised what 280bhp feels like, Fingers crossed for collection next week :blush:

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
whats the advantages of using the megan pistons and rods?
How do they compare to forged items?

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Megane internals are on there limits at around 300bhp, forged will allow you to take it a lot further ;-)

Last edited: