ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

RB Clio 182
Having a few issues with this mate!

Don't know if it's been said before but you should have bought a 330i.

Lol, it wasn't really anything to do with the conversion mate, I mounted a curb.

Wouldn't change it for the sake of a few easy fixable problems, I get bord if there's nothing to mess with on it.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I agree, they do look poo without them. The ph1's can pull off being splitterless but the ph2's look incomplete without them. £15 will do for the time being.

Tbh the skoda ones are great as there flexible so much more durable and forgiving, plus there £115+ cheaper than genuine ones!

RB Clio 182
I agree, they do look poo without them. The ph1's can pull off being splitterless but the ph2's look incomplete without them. £15 will do for the time being.

Tbh the skoda ones are great as there flexible so much more durable and forgiving, plus there £115+ cheaper than genuine ones!

Yes its worth the £16.50 delivered or whatever for the time being.

If my other splitter wasn't cracked after I mounted the curb I would be more annoyed than I am, but it would have bugged me too much and I would have probably ended up changing it anyway.

I'll get a cup one again in the near future but I have my holiday and other things to pay for 1st so the fabia one will put me on for now.

RB Clio 182
Mine and dann2707's arctics together, we need to meet again and go for a drive mate, take some nice scenery pics :)

11538965_10152845401735986_7417353676748698928_o.jpg

11402253_10152845401410986_7953605623228677626_o.jpg

RB Clio 182
So I have sorted the pulling and drifting out at speeds, iv swapped my tyres round, the culprit was my brand new front o/s tyre, drives brilliantly again yippeeeee!

Just waiting on my fabia splitter now and were back 100% :D

I go on my hols next Tues for 2 weeks, but when I get back im going to order the ktec/vibra engine and gbox mounts, and start modding again now I have it back to where I want it.

RB Clio 182
Just finished fitting my fabia splitter, I actually think I prefer it to the cup one as its got more depth.

I had one one before my cup splitter but i didn't fit it or trim it as well as this time round, overall for £11 im over the moon, ill get some pics of the car tomorrow after a clean :)

RB Clio 182
I get home from Egypt on Wednesday after two weeks of not driving my car, its the only thing im missing apart from maybe my dog a little, I cant wait to get home and take it down some nice roads, im also looking forward to the Yorkshire meet.

RB Clio 182
So your in Egypt atm and your missing your car?! I would NOT be thinking about my car! Enjoy the sun some more with some nice sangria's man!!

Iv been here nearly two weeks already mate, I fly home Tuesday night, I wish I had my car here the roads are crazy :D

I'm actually fed up of their cocktails/lagers, I fancy some good old supermarket shite :)

RB Clio 182
Been for a blast today around some lovely roads, the gearbox feels good if you dont rush it onto 3rd at high revs, I just think it might be a jc5 thing and me being ocd perfect! It selects gears fine and overall feels like a decent box so im happy for now.

If I get a box rebuild in the future it will be having a diff fitted too.

I am on the lookout for solid engine and gearbox mounts atm if anyone knows of any for sale.

Glad your happy with the car Tom, think a diff puts more strain on the box though.

Which down pipe and link pipe are you using?

Mine knocks now when it didn't use too, driving me insane just want to find someone who can sort it for me.

RB Clio 182
Glad your happy with the car Tom, think a diff puts more strain on the box though.

Which down pipe and link pipe are you using?

Mine knocks now when it didn't use too, driving me insane just want to find someone who can sort it for me.

Hi mate, mine used to knock all the time so I went to Powerflow who made me a custom turbo back, but used my original downpipe, they had to bend the downpipe up slightly using there machine so the exhaust would go over the subframe as it was this that the exhaust was knocking on.

Ive had no problems since, im very happy with the exhaust now, no knocks at all and custom built so it fits perfect, it sounds good too :)

The knocking was driving me insane tho, it was terrible tbh so it had to be done.

Ah right, think George went that route and it was a bodge. They only do 2.25" inch at my local one, my exhaust is 2.5" though.

I've asked Andy for a price of one of his a few times but not had a response. I need to do something though so will try power flow. Cheers [emoji106]

RB Clio 182
It depends which Powerflow mate, the one in Doncaster were brilliant tho, they wouldn't let me take it until it was perfect, I think George had a pipe bodged in , ive had a full system built from scratch and the downpipe re designed.

RB Clio 182
I originally had a milltek and found it too quiet after the turbo conversion.

You might have to get the downpipe bent so there's enough room for the link pipe to miss the subframe, my original downpipe was actually resting on the subframe.

RB Clio 182
Hopefully it gets through trouble free mate.

My rainsports are pretty good, they need a few hundred miles on them to bed them in because the side walls are soft.

I like them tho, very good in cold/wet conditions and good in the dry, brilliant acceleration and stopping grip.

Cheers, I hope so not looking forward to putting it up for sale though [emoji17]

The reason I asked is mine are near the limit already, seem to be a very soft tire and wear quickly. Only been on about 4 months [emoji85]

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Fitted an outer cv boot today after nipping the old one by myself on accident, the car is now 100% mechanically sound again :smile:

I noticed my near side one is leaking grease as someone has put a cable tie on the small end and it's worked its way loose. Fun job for me to do before Sunday haha.