ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MTEC discs..anyone ever used them?

182 Whipppp
Looking for some new discs as mine on the front will need changing soon, just browsing and found some MTEC ones on eBay, 73 quid including minted pads I think, just seeing if anyone has any reviews on them?
Other discs I have in mind are the Brembo HC with Brembo pads and the K-Tec ones,
Any advice greatly appreciated!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Bought 2 sets of MTEC C hook discs in the ebay 20% off promo.

One set has turned up, the other has gone AWOL and MTEC won't send another out 'til Royal mail pull their finger out of their arse and determine the reason for the missing set (so MTEC can claim a refund). Bit s**t service in my opinion, don't see why I should have to sit here twiddling my thumbs after paying out for them.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
From the other side of the fence. Couriers will still often deliver goods despite there being an active investigation / claim.
I've had hundreds of pounds of goods turn up at a customer address weeks after I've asked a courier to return if they find the parts. Luckily in that instance the customer called me and bought the parts too but others you end up writing off in losses. We dont get the full value of goods back when claiming so sometimes letting the courier have time to find the goods is the best route financially.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Bought 2 sets of MTEC C hook discs in the ebay 20% off promo.

One set has turned up, the other has gone AWOL and MTEC won't send another out 'til Royal mail pull their finger out of their arse and determine the reason for the missing set (so MTEC can claim a refund). Bit s**t service in my opinion, don't see why I should have to sit here twiddling my thumbs after paying out for them.

Bang a claim in through eBay? Can always cancel the claim if your stuff arrives.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Ive got MTEC C-Hook disks on my 140. Half the price of Zimmerman and considerably cheaper than OEM BMW. Gave them absolute hell around the highlands and theyve done well.

On a Clio, id definitely recommend @George@RTR_Parts and get some Brembo High Carbon and Ds2500 pads. Insane combo. Stops on a 6 pence!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
From the other side of the fence. Couriers will still often deliver goods despite there being an active investigation / claim.
I've had hundreds of pounds of goods turn up at a customer address weeks after I've asked a courier to return if they find the parts. Luckily in that instance the customer called me and bought the parts too but others you end up writing off in losses. We dont get the full value of goods back when claiming so sometimes letting the courier have time to find the goods is the best route financially.

I get that, I'd genuinely return the items if I'd been refunded and stuff still turned up. A lot wouldn't I guess.

Still don't see how it's fair that the purchaser should have to suffer when all parts of the agreement had been fulfilled by them. Every day getting the 'we're looking into it' response is very copy and paste. Hopefully MTEC are able to recover the situation and not just the parts.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Bang a claim in through eBay?

Got to give them a chance before that, but yes, if I get another 'it's being investigated' response then that's what I'll have to do! Nothing worse than being fobbed off. Happening far too often at the mo and folk blaming covid as a default.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ive got MTEC C-Hook disks on my 140. Half the price of Zimmerman and considerably cheaper than OEM BMW. Gave them absolute hell around the highlands and theyve done well.

On a Clio, id definitely recommend @George@RTR_Parts and get some Brembo High Carbon and Ds2500 pads. Insane combo. Stops on a 6 pence!

George has already boxed me off with pads for both cars. Rapid fuss free delivery! I had to try these MTEC C hooks for the price. Shame they used FARCElforce, who are quickly becoming the new Hermes/Yodel

Punto GT
Running Mtec drilled and grooved on my Civic Type R with Brembo pads. Cars a daily driver but they feel great and stop well.

The black coating on the previous pair lasted about 5 years before they started rusting around the centre of the discs

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
Had a set of grooved ones on my grooved ones on a 197. Done about 1,000 miles to bed them in then done a track day. Discs warped within 10 minutes.

Spoke to MTEC who were apologetic and really good about it. Sent me a new set and some new pads. Fitted them and ran them for another year of trouble free motoring, including another track day.

The silver coating I got still looked new even after all that time and some abuse.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
George has already boxed me off with pads for both cars. Rapid fuss free delivery! I had to try these MTEC C hooks for the price. Shame they used FARCElforce, who are quickly becoming the new Hermes/Yodel

Thanks again Dan!

After using pretty much all the couriers going for RTR over the years, using DPD now and they've been spot on, it's also very close to the unit which is great. The 1 hour time slot text for delivery, saves you waiting in all day, and I send a lot of brakes/parts to garages so the mechanic can plan his day/cars around the delivery slot aswel, win win (y)